Monday, December 3, 2012

Baptism - November 19, 2012


I do love talking on the radio. I have felt a few more small quakes but nothing big. I had my first English class that went very well but only a couple people showed up the first day. I hope it gets better. We had the baptism Thursday. We went to the church and started to fill the font and after about 2 inches of water it stopped. There was no more water in the church. We were scrambling for solutions and talked with the District President. We did the baptism at his house in a big font thing he has of water. The water was ice cold. The member that did the baptism said a couple words wrong of the prayer, but the water was so cold that the hermana left for the warm shower immediately after. We knew it was wrong and looked at the District President but he did not say anything. The baptismal service was amazing and very spiritual. Well we had to do the baptism again so Friday we scrambled to get her back in Rio Blanco and I baptized her in the freezing water. She was really good about doing it again and is probably one of my best converts. She is doing prep with the presidency about going on a mission. I’m so happy for her. Friday night was our wards family home evening night for all the members. It was in Cabrican which is over an hour away. We had two cars to take us there. One was an elderly member that can’t drive. When we got in the car I noticed that the driver was his 12 year old grandson. I thought oh my goodness, a 12 year old is driving. But he did really well. Saturday was one of my worst days. I still have the cough. Saturday I slept in until 9 and I was freezing. I had 5 blankets and 2 heaters on and I was still freezing. My knees, back, head, and stomach hurt. After freezing I was burning up and sweat so bad. I felt crappy all day. I was in bed until 5. I feel much better but still not 100%. I felt bad that my comp was stuck inside for so long and that I missed our English class. I love the members. They brought me medicine and oranges and everyone asked if I was ok. They really love me. Thank you for talking with Weber. That is awesome that you got the decorations up. I anxiously look forward to your package. I hope Scott is feeling better. I am excited for your trip and can’t wait to hear about it. Hope you are both safe and happy and having a blast. I love you so much and send you all my love. Tell the Beus I love them too.

Love J

No comments:

Post a Comment