Monday, December 10, 2012

Staying in Rio Blanco!


So this week we did more service. We did corn collecting Monday morning. Tuesday we left again at 5 am to haul trunks of wood up a very steep hill. I was so tired it was hard. But once again I was very happy to help. There were changes this week, but I DONT HAVE CHANGES. I get to stay here in Rio Blanco. I’m so happy for that. I really hope I end my mission here. I believe we get to Skype but no official word yet. The last change starts Jan 16 and ends Feb 27, so Feb 28 I should be home. Wow that is so soon, not gonna lie I’m excited. I love Galen Card and his family. That is intense starting where you left off. I have a lot of independent study to do when I get back. He wrote me a letter that I’m about to read after this. That is a bummer that Scott was sick, that really is no fun at all. Hope he is feeling better. Heather is 18! She is so old now haha. The Christmas party sounded really fun. I miss it. How wonderful that Great Grandma was there and the pics sound really cool. Kembree is a cutie eating all the fruitloops and asking how to play. I love that she loves my picture and says "my Jensen." I truly love those kids so much and can’t wait to see them. I love writing them. So this week we went contacting for 4 hours and only found 4 people, none of which were very excited. We did however find our reference. We went to her house and taught her. She has been to church before and is super positive. We had an amazing lesson and challenged her to baptism. She said when she gets her answer she will do it. We went back two days later with the President of the branch and had another amazing lesson about the Book of Mormon. We challenged her again and she said yes. We are planning her baptism 22 of Dec. She is so incredible. I love teaching her and her desire to learn. We also taught the dad of some members. He is not a member and struggles with some addictions but he wants to change. He is great and really loves our visits. We are helping him little by little. I really want to help him improve his life with the gospel. That is the power of the gospel. It changes lives for the better. I can’t imagine how happy this family will be if their dad gets baptized. I really love this area even when it is hard. The people are all so amazing and I really love them and want to help them. Lots of members are inviting us for Chrsitmas. It is only in two weeks aaahhh. And the Sunday right before I will have 22 months. Wow! One last funny thing. My comp was preparing a lesson about the second coming and found something interesting. He found that in the heavens there will be no women. DC 88:95 says there will be silence in the heavens. hahaha. Just kidding, I can’t imagine heaven without my family and my future wife. We got a good laugh from that though. I can’t wait for your package and I really really can’t wait to Skype you. I love you so much and send my love to the family. Be happy, be safe, be blessed.

Love,
Son

No comments:

Post a Comment