Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Party at Xetulul - December 18, 2012


We had a conference with President Maravilla this last week. It was so good. I learned a lot. We talked about the difference in testimony and conversion. Testimony is knowing that something is true and conversion is living the gospel faithfully. We all can do more to increase our own conversion. We watched a video about the atonement of Christ with President Eyring and Elder Holland talking. I really liked a comment that when things are hard we can always think of Christ and what he suffered and did for us. My mission is hard but because of that I can understand better the atonement and what it was like for Christ. That was very interesting to think of. When times are hard it is still nothing compared to the atonement. I also got to go to the temple this week with our district and the members from Rio Blanco. It was so special and wonderful. I have not been able to go with members only elders. I love the temple so much and will spend lots of time there when I’m home. We were in a sealing and after I participated my comp was participating. Well one member said my comp did not look well and the next moment he passed out. Yikes! His first experience with sealings and he passed out. But he was better after. I met a missionary from the Xela mission named Elder Lundberg from Brigham City. He is from the 3rd ward and his mom works in the Brigham temple. I think Nana and Grandpa might know them. I still have no word about Nanas package. The post office here said that she should file a claim there and then the post office will pressure the post office here to find the package and get it done quickly. If she can it would help. I talked Sunday about Love as the greatest gift we can give. I did really well. I talked about the love our Heavenly Father has and His son Jesus Christ, about service here and examples from my home in Utah, about the love you have for me and the letter you gave me after I went to the temple. I felt really good. I have such a wonderful convert. She is active and happy with her husband and she participates in the classes, I have seen such a change in her and such joy. That makes me very pleased. We had our Christmas party yesterday. It was in Xetulul again. There are so many amazing talented missionaries. I want to learn how to sing better. I did not get your package yet but I’m anxiously looking for it. I don’t know why it is not here yet. I got a package from Jessica and her family that was sent after yours. It was very wonderful and filled with thoughtful loving gifts, all with a snowman theme. Guess what one of the coolest things was? A Guatemala red survivor buff! I’m so in love with it. The party was good and I got a nice gift from Hna Maravilla she made 4 cookies for all 200 missionaries, she baked over 600 cookies and then added some small candies to the package. Very thoughtful. One crazy thing about the party was I looked around at all the mission and I only know a few people, all the elders are new. Guess that’s what happens when you are close to the end. I would love very much to go on a diving trip when I get home. Did you still want to come to Guatemala with me after I get back? I would like to visit here and see more. Your Xmas party with the family sounds so amazing. I really miss the family and I’m excited to see them soon. The kids are adorable. Next week we get to talk! We can use Skype again so I want to Skype you Xmas day, not sure what time yet but I will give you a call before. I would like to see Sis and if Nana and Grandpa are there that would be amazing too. You should scan the photos. I want to do that with more of my photos from my childhood. Pics from the 70s and 60s, I want to see them. I’m glad you are doing well and Scott feels better. I will miss the dinner and the traditions but I know next year will be wonderful. I’m very very excited to talk with you and see you. Take care and know I love you and think you are the best mom ever.

Love J

No comments:

Post a Comment