Monday, December 3, 2012

Collecting Corn - December 3, 2012


That is cool that Scott has an IPad. They are lots of fun and can do so much. Wow 33 dives sound amazing and over 3,000 photos I bet they are amazing. I want to see some. That is amazing that your blood sugars were not too high or too low. You truly were blessed and watched over. Lucky that you got to eat good food, delicious desserts, and chocolate before each dive. Crazy that when it was all over your sugars went really high. Sounds really amazing there. That is good that even though it was the second time you did not get bored with anything. I can imagine that after that amazing trip it would be very hard to go back to work. It is like when I went to Lake Powell and Germany then had to return to work. The fish and things sound so cool. I really want to see something better than Blue Lake, which is not blue at all. I would love to go on a trip. I can’t wait for the dearelders. I feel so much better, not many problems with the cough. Can’t believe it is December.  The Christmas devotional was amazing yesterday. I was studying this week and I thought about something cool. I was reading John 6:29 Jesus says that the work of God is that they believe on him who he hath sent (or believe in Christ). Then I thought about Moses 1:39 that says the work of God is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. I connected these two that it is only through Christ and believing in him that we can receive immortality and eternal life. That is God’s work that we receive it through believing in Christ. That was cool for me. This week we did service for the District President from 5:30 am to 2 pm helping him collect the corn from his field, put it in sacks that weigh a lot, and carry it up a hill. It was hard work corn collecting but I enjoyed helping a lot and he was very grateful because he would have done it basically himself and right after he left to go cut and collect fire wood. He works so much and doesn’t stop so I was glad to help him. One of the other missionaries has permission to have two rabbits. Well the 4 of us decided to eat one. They cooked it and we came over for lunch. I don’t know if it was because how it was cooked or rabbit meat is just like that but it had no flavor and was pretty hard. But now I can say I ate rabbit. Yesterday in church was so great. Our convert and her husband got up to share their testimonies. This is the first time she has done it. I was so happy, I really can’t explain the feeling of joy I felt. Her testimony was simple but so strong. I started to cry (don’t make fun) thinking about how amazing this family is and how happy I am that I could help them. After another member shared that we had challenged him to share pamphlets with others this week. He said that he had doubts but his little daughter motivated him and said they had to do it, they gave away 3 and he was very happy to do it. It was a powerful testimony meeting. Today we got up at 5 am to go help a different member with his corn collecting. It was difficult and we had to carry them on our back up a big hill. I was very tired but once again happy to help. This week are changes and I really really don’t want to go. I want to end my mission here. I will let you know what happens. I really love Rio Blanco and the people here. I am glad you are home safe and enjoyed your trip. I love you so much. I can’t wait to Skype you, it is coming up very fast. Have a wonderful week. You are in my prayers and my heart.
Love J

No comments:

Post a Comment