Monday, November 12, 2012

Earthquakes - November 12, 2012


I did feel the earthquake, it was huge. We were walking to Cabrican and in the middle of the road when we heard some doors shaking. We thought that is weird because there is no wind. Next thing we know the whole street is shaking. It was wild. We walked all the way to Cabrican, an hour walk with giant hills. We took a wrong turn and walked even farther. I did so much walking Wednesday. The mission called our other two comps and they came to get us so we had to stay with them that night. They said the quake was 7.2. I don’t think I have ever felt one so big. Thursday we went to give service to someone that their adobe house had fallen. So we worked for a long time. Yesterday in the afternoon I felt a long not as powerful quake but I heard that there was another strong one in the night but I did not feel it. Something else Wednesday was pretty exciting. We were passing by the local radio and we know the girl that works there. We were talking and she stepped out for a moment to talk to someone else. I was playing around and pretending to talk on the radio when she walked back in. She asked me if I want to speak on the radio. I said ok. I announced our English class we are starting this week. I loved talking on the radio in my radio voice. What made it even better was that a member told me they heard it. I want to do it again. Sunday I was very happy. Our assistence was 51 for the second time in a row. That is very good for us and I hope it stays like that and increases. In our gospel principles class our investigator was making lots of excellent comments. The class was on prayer and I was amazed with what our recent convert said. She shared her testimony of prayer and said because of prayer she knows the church is true. So amazing I was very pleased. We have a baptism this Thursday so I’m looking forward to that with much enthusiasm. Elder Guerra is doing good. He is having some back and shoulder pain and does not like that. BUT he is doing good. Still have the stupid cough. Hope it goes away this week. That is good that the mission sent you an email. I’m happy Jessica loved the letter. I love my sis. You have a cough too. I hope I don’t have a bronchial infection. Crazy that it snowed so much. Don’t really look forward to coming home to that. I’m excited for your trip and I can’t wait to hear about it. Hope this time your plane does not catch on fire. I’m sure you are very excited but also a little stressed to get everything ready. I know you will have a wonderful time. I look forward to your package. Speaking of packages. Can you have nana write me the receipt number of the package she sent me? The post office here can use this number to check where the package is here. I love you Mom and I’m glad I can write you. I’m doing great and I have enjoyed the opportunity to give service to others in their time of need. I love the gospel and know that it is true. It is so clear and powerful. I can’t wait to write to you again and to hear all about your trip when you get back in a couple weeks. Tell the family I love them. Tell the Beus I love them too and hope they have a great time. Love you Mom!

Love J

 

No comments:

Post a Comment