Monday, December 5, 2011

Xela Temple - November 21, 2011

Wow that is so exciting that you are off on your trip to the Philippines. I hope you made it there safe and have wi fi also. It was a very weird week but now I have a companion from Honduras but it is kinda funny cause he is in our zone, he came from another area here in Coatepeque. He has had 6 months here in Coatepeque and has had 3 emergency changes here but can't leave, kinda funny. He is ready to get a new area but I don't want to show everything to another missionary again. We are getting along very well and we like to laugh and have fun. So my experiences this week were wonderful and exciting. First thing exciting but not really good was that I was using the bathroom in the morning and I had the lights off because I could still see with the light from outside. I saw something streak through the air. But I have no idea what it was. I looked around for it but could not find it. Now remember that at this point my pants are down as I'm in the bathroom. I felt something on my thigh, and panicked. I shook my leg and pretty much tossed my shorts off. A moment later I saw a cockroach crawl out of my shorts. A cockroach flew into my pants, a COCKROACH FLEW INTO MY PANTS! Crazy! The temple was so amazing. Xela is a little cold and made me think of Utah cause it is about the same feeling. The temple is so pretty and is on a hill looking over the city. We watched a video first about temples and the church in Guatemala. Before there was the Guatemala temple members traveled to Arizona for the temple. What a sacrifice, once again we are blessed to have so many close to us. In the room with the video I felt like I was going to Disneyland, I felt like it wasChristmas, I felt like I was going to Disneyland atChristmas. I was so happy and excited. I saw the Salt Lake temple and the Bountiful temple in the video and I thought of home. In the temple it is so beautiful and amazing. I really did not want to leave. I really miss being able to go to the temple every week. But such a great time I was happy and really felt good there. Sunday was stake conference but it was different with a great surprise. We had a video broadcast from Guatemala with the area president Don R Clark, Cook the president of young women's, Geoffrey Holland, and Pres Uchtdorf. The talks were about the temple and missions and increasing your testimony. It was so powerful and amazing. I could listen to them all day. Elder Holland even talked in Spanish for a couple minutes and was really funny about it. He said his Spanish is horrible and terrible and to help everyone he will talk in English with the Spanish translator that is much better. I loved it. Changes are this Wednesday and I have no idea what will happen. I will let you know next week. I know how you feel with no Thanksgiving turkey. They don't celebrate it here so it is from Halloween straight to Christmas. Thanksgiving and Christmas will be very different this year. Hope you are having an absolutely amazing time and are safe. I want to hear all about it. Sending my love and prayers.
Love Son

No comments:

Post a Comment