Monday, December 12, 2011

Temple Dedication - December 12, 2011

Saturday was the cultural night for the temple. I got to watch the video. There was 2,050 or more kids from all around Guatemala and each stake did a different dance with traditional clothing. It was so awesome. Very colorful. The kids did so well. President Uchtdorf said after the first session he and his wife wanted to go to the second and they wanted a third it was so good. He kept saying if people say we the Mormons can't celebrate then they need to watch the video of the cultural night. Sunday was the dedication and I went to all 3 sessions in the stake center it was so good. I saw the corner stone ceremony and learned that it has a space to put in artifacts, not sure what is in there but there is stuff. So I started thinking that I think every temple where it says dedicated and the year is a space for things, crazy. President Uchtdorf was so funny with the cornerstone. He kept making little comments that had me laughing a lot. He would say oh yeah this is coming along nice, I like this. And call someone else over you got to try this, you're very good at this. He was a hoot. Then in the session it was so amazing. Stories of the sacrifice for the temple and the love of the people here in Guatemala. He said on one trip here outside of a church his wife found a member in normal clothes and said what a beautiful shirt, the guy took off his only shirt and gave it to her and they never got his name. What love and service. The dedication prayer was amazing. Every session was spiritually powerful and amazing. I'm so glad I went to all 3 and can't wait to go to the temple again when I get home. He said come to the temple and always have a current recommend. He also told a story by a famous author but I can't remember who but it was about Martin the shoe maker who was told the Lord was coming to him but he never saw him. He later discovered that he had come in his service to people outside his shop that needed help and by showing his love for them he showed his love for Christ. And read in the new testament if you have done it unto the least of these you have done it unto me. So wonderful. I remember going to an open house as a kid but I can't remember which one. Which one was it? and did we go to a dedication ever? I want to say I remember part of it. The Christmas party sounds way fun. I'm glad you liked it and Jess went too. How cool that Jess is friends again with Diana, Tara, and Andrew. Sounds like a very fun time. I'm excited for the package. You spoil me. Jessica and her family said they are sending me one too. How loving they are to me too. I love In-n-out Burger. That is great that he liked it, how could you not. Nana and grandpa went with me but only I ate because it was later. We need to take them again. I still can't believe all the damage either. Have you taken pics? You were very lucky with only the fence that is easy to fix. The Stevens only had a little to their fence and some shingles off the roof but were blessed too. Crazy Utah weather gets more and more loco (that's crazy) every year. The months are going very fast. I almost have a year in the mission. It feels sometimes slow but more I feel that when a month starts it is almost over. Only 2 weeks til Christmas. I will miss breakfast casserole but I will be thinking of you and the family a lot. I am so so excited for our call. I can't wait. I heard we are having a Christmas party for the mission and also a lunch party as a zone. So I will let you know how that goes. I keep trying to work hard to make you really proud. I love you so much and all you do for me. You're the best and I love you and I'm eternally grateful you're my mom and we can be an eternal family. I hope you are working on going back to the temple soon even if for now it is only to do sessions. It will be a big blessing and prepare us for when we are united again and you can come to the temple with me. I would love that. I love you and send all my love. Oh and last week I mailed a letter to Corinne. Love you and hugs and kisses. Love Son

No comments:

Post a Comment