Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Phone Call - December 19, 2011

I don't know exact details about what time yet, just know it's on Christmas. I think today we will get more details and be able to tell our families. I did however receive some news about the Christmas phone call. President said that for Christmas we can skype video chat our families. I will receive more info today and let you know. If you want to skype but don't know how to use skype call David and he even has a camera you can use if you don't have one. He will get you all set up. Will the family be there for the call? I don't know what it will be like, only that we go around to members houses and get lots of tamales and we are planning a zone Christmas meal Saturday. I knew there was a reason I really loved the Bountiful temple, it's because I went to the open house. Guatemala is one of the most blessed countries in central America because they are the only one with 2 temples. The Philippines have 2 temples. I had no idea. There is a temple almost complete in Honduras and I have heard rumor of President Monson going to dedicate it. The temple dedication and culture night were such a blessing to be a part of I really increased my love and testimony of the temple from being able to watch them. Who was the singer for the concert? This Wednesday we get to listen to the church Christmas choir. I'm excited to listen to their performance. The party sounds fun and I'm glad Jess went and the family was together. I love our family and I want to play with the little kids when I get back. You both are lucky, a long trip to the Philippines and now you have off work until the 3. District jobs are pretty amazing. You have such a better job then you had before that makes me very happy. We had the mission Christmas party today and it was in the theater and dining hall of Xetulu, the amusement park. The whole mission was there and I saw Elder Heaps, El Card, and so many other of my new friends I have made. Then we saw acts by each of the zones. The sister from our zone did both her native dances again, another played piano really well, others sang really really well. One elder made his own song and sang and played guitar, he most likely is going to become a star after the mission. There is so much talent in the mission. I really want to learn how to play the piano after the mission. I learned a little here and can play not too bad with my right hand. After the show we talked with everyone and took pics. Then we had a delicious chicken and pasta lunch. I was surprised with your Christmas package and I'm very excited to see what is in it. You spoil me so much. I am very excited and counting down the days until I can talk to you. I can't wait to hear your voice, I have been thinking and talking about it all week. Less then one week. We might even be able to skype if you would like to and I can see your face too. Not sure what will be more of my plans for Christmas but it will be nice. I also heard that Jessica's family is sending me a package too. They really love me and that is special to me too. Changes are the 4th of January and I think I will have some. Oh I heard some cool news from an elder in my last area of Samayac. One woman and her 3 sons that I contacted and started to teach before I left got baptized. That made me so happy to hear that. I was amazed and thought, that is someone I found and planted the seed of the gospel. Made me think about all the times I don't have success. Who knows what my efforts for them will bring in the future, so it is important that I always give my all to them and work hard depending on the Lord. I am filled with happiness right now and know it will be magnified by 100s and 100s when I talk to you. I love you and send my prayers and gratitude for having you as my mom. Until Sunday love you and have a great Christmas.
Love Son

No comments:

Post a Comment