Monday, October 1, 2012

October Already?! - October 1, 2012


I’m so glad that you got the letters. When I was visiting with her I could not pass up that opportunity. Her family told me yesterday that you got the letters. I’m glad that everyone liked their letters. Not sure what would be a good gift for them. I’m sure you will get them something wonderful and thoughtful. That is crazy that your blood sugar is dropping so low. Any reason why? Bummer you missed the baptism. I’m sure she loved the ring and hymn book. That is a tuff question for things for President. I know that he really loves Snickers and Dr Pepper. But something thoughtful would also be good. The bananas are a good idea. We sprayed some spray and cleaned all the blankets and that helped but I think last night a flea tagged along with me from a members house cause I got attacked. I have been eating a lot of bananas lately so hope that helps. That is so cool that you got to swim the last day of Sept. This week Elder Escobedo and I were walking and it started to rain so hard. We had umbrellas but our shoes and pants still got soaked. We started to have fun though. As we walked with our umbrellas we were singing "Singing in the rain" and dancing and splashing in puddles. I wish I had it on video. We laughed pretty hard. Wednesday was our activity. We had drinks, popped lots of popcorn, and had Mormon messages as trailers. Then we watched How Rare a Possession. Unfortunately only about 10 members came and only about 6 investigators. I was disappointed but what can you do. Yesterday was hard because only 27 people came to church. Our goal is 75. We are dropping a lot and I don’t know why. We really talked with the branch and told them we all need to do more. So today we are returning early and sacrificing our pday to train and practice with the members on inviting people to conference. Hopefully with more member visits more people will come to church. It has been hard in Rio Blanco. I believe it is really going to teach me how to rely on the Lord and how to follow the spirit better. I’m trying to learn and improve. This week we also ate flour tortillas with a member. They are so good. I ate about 8. I also got to eat real figs right off of the tree. It was neat and I’ve never ate a real fig. Speaking of, I can’t really think of anything for Christmas except chocolate (maybe kit kats) and some fig newtons. I’m sure whatever you do will be great but I don’t expect anything. The letters from you will be the best. I’m so excited for conference and can’t believe it is already here, or my last one in the mission. I would love to share conference thoughts with you. Mom I love you and think you are the super duper best. I love you and can’t wait till we can talk again. I pray for your health and happiness. Have an incredible week and know that you are so loved by your boy. I send hugs and kisses and my smile.
Love J

 

No comments:

Post a Comment