Monday, October 15, 2012

Earthquake and Farm Work - October 15, 2012


I still hope I will get Nanas package. I have no idea what I would give people here for Christmas. I will think about it. This week was interesting. We went to go visit a young woman that is a member but she was not home. So we helped her mom that is not a member with some farm work. I can now officially say I have had my closest experience with farm work. We went into her barn and she wanted us to shovel the cow poop into a big pile so they can use it as fertilizer for the corn. Well no one had cleaned it for months. I have never piled so much poop. It was tiring. I felt bad though because she said if we were not there she would have to do it herself. Well after a while of making a giant mountain of poo we cut some fire wood and that was also very tiring. I felt good that we helped her though. What is Scott’s fav color? It is red right? We had two really good lessons with investigators and they are looking very positive to be baptized. Only problem was we invited them to church and set up a ride because they live far away but on Sunday both were sleeping and did not come. I had a couple fights with my comp but that is normal because we are two different men. I actually learned a lot from it. I have a better challenge of being more patient and selfless. I can think more before I react and try to only speak blessings and good things with calmness. Things are great between us and I’m glad I can learn to be even better. I got a good idea about challenging people and placing a date for baptism. I am an authorized representative of Jesus Christ with His authority. I can promise as His representative and with authority that by the date of baptism the person will receive an answer and if they do their part they will be prepared to make that sacred covenant with the Lord. I know I can always do that but it came with more power right now and I need to make that promise more as an official missionary of Jesus Christ. Late Sat night I was awaken by my bed shaking. We had a pretty good earthquake that shook things up. It was probably the biggest I have felt here. Pretty crazy! That is way cool that Holly and Steve came to visit. You really canned a lot of tomatoes. I love tomatoes and the soup. I have some good recipes with tomatoes and peppers from Guatemala to make you when I get home. They are very simple but really delicious. 21 people at dinner is a lot, I miss all the family and that would be a fun time. We really have been so blessed with the family we have. I have a much greater desire to really enjoy and spend more time with all my family. I love them all and I’m eternally grateful that you are my mom and for the wonderful relationship we have. I feel we can talk about anything and have been talking a lot more. Another blessing from my mission. Your trip to the Philippines is coming up very quickly are you excited? I love you Mom and love Mondays when I get to hear from you. My time is winding down and before I know it I will be giving you a big hug and a kiss. I love you Mom. Take care, be healthy and happy. How are the blood sugar levels?

Love you and anxiously await next week.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment