Monday, October 29, 2012

New Companion - October 29, 2012


Well I did not have changes thankfully. I stayed in Rio Blanco. I went to changes and got to say goodbye to Elder Escobedo and Elder Evans. It was kinda sad. I got a new comp named Elder Guerra. He is from El Salvador. I know him a little from before and we get along great. I told Escobedo that he is invited to my house and we will see each other when I get home. Elder Evans too. I really hope Presidente keeps me in Rio Blanco for the rest of my mission. Still have the runny nose and cough but it is much better. Our shower has been great and nice and hot. I’m glad Corinne’s family loves the letters. What are the names of Connie’s kids? That concert sounds amazing. I would have loved that. I’m glad you went and really loved it. Do you remember the names of the singers? The concert sounds incredible. Crazy how involved everyone got. Lots of fun. It snowed! That sounds terrible. Here it is starting to get to the coldest time of year but it is still not that bad for me. Wow you leave the 16th. That is coming up so fast. You are going to have so much fun on your trip. I can’t wait to hear about it. Jessica’s trip to Disneyland sounds really fun also. I can’t think of anything for the package. I know anything you share will be great. Chocolate and habanero almonds are always a fav. Oh something else nice about changes is that we stopped at Wendy’s on the way back. So good. This week was pretty mellow. We did find one of our investigators Saturday and carried their stuff all the way to their house. Just so happens that their house is an hour away, but I’m glad we got to help them. When we were there we met the family. There are about 16 children there. The mom and family are very nice and we were able to teach 8 of them. They understand well but still do not understand the need to be baptized with the authority. We will keep trying. I have much faith for them. In church Sunday I directed the music. I liked seeing everyone’s face and smiling at everyone. I felt really really happy this day. There was a couple members that just got their privileges back and they both spoke. It was amazing to hear the excitement and love in their talks. I’m so grateful for the gospel and the power it has to change people and bring true joy into people’s lives. I was so happy Sunday and that reconfirmed to me how loving our Father in Heaven is and how true this church and the gospel is. I love you Mom and I love that we are a sealed family for eternity. I love that you are my mom and do so much for me. I can’t thank you enough. I hope you have a wonderful week and that you are happy and healthy. Can’t wait to receive your letters and hear from you again next week. You are the best! I love you Mom!

Love J

No comments:

Post a Comment