Monday, October 22, 2012

Thanks for the Letters - October 22, 2012


My week was good but went by way to fast. We taught a guy but at first he told us a story for an hour and we couldn’t get one word in. In the end he was not responsive to anything we had to say. The good thing that came from it was I discovered a cool analogy. He talked about a dr visit when he was in the U.S. So this is my analogy I got from that story. We go to the Dr to be healed. The Dr (God) knows what will give us the most out of life and help us. He gives us his prescription or order (the scriptures and the gospel). Even though he explained it well we don’t always understand. We apply what he gave us but not in the correct way that he prescribed it. So we need a translator (Prophet) to come and explain or clarify the orders of the Dr to our understanding. That way we receive the most benefit of the prescription. Kinda cool that I thought of that especially since I’m going into the medical field. We had a great lesson Saturday with a woman that is reading so much of the Book of Mormon and believes it is true. She feels something every time we talk with her. We taught her about the Sacrament in the church and she said she would be baptized, but she will not accept a date for some reason. I know she can be baptized. She said she will come to church but didn't. A guy we found last week that is really positive has accepted the Book of Mormon, says he believes what we teach and said he would be baptized. We put a date with him. He has been through a lot and is so positive and bright. He came to church yesterday and is so awesome. Two more assistences and he will be baptized. That makes me happy that his life is improving. Thank you for helping me get the book for David. I’m anxious to hear what he has to say. He is such an amazing guy and really is my brother. I know our friendship will last forever. That sounds fun dinner with Jamen and Camden. I thought he was older than 26. The pool is winterized and no more pool fun :( If they would have jumped in it would be like taking a shower here without the heater burr. This week I didn't shovel poop but we helped a couple members one night carry their tamales that they sell. My comp and I saw the door was open to a member’s house that they sell to. We snuck up and shouted TAMALES! the older woman and her daughter about fell over from shock hahaha. It was pretty funny. The members we were helping were laughing so hard the whole night. A 4 day weekend sounds nice, but too bad you can’t spend it in the pool. Diabetes is crazy. I don’t understand how it randomly goes super low and then a little later super high. Sounds scary. I pray that you will be able to control it and not get sick. I’m going to be on the edge of my seat all day today. Tonight I hear about changes and I don’t think I will have any. I don’t want any. I really want to stay here. All the members really love us. We talked in church yesterday and I talked about the Book of Mormon. It is amazing how many members really have not read it. I talked about the importance of it and how it does no good if it remains closed or we don’t know all that it contains. I have had a runny nose and a cough the last couple days. As I was talking I started to cough and couldn’t stop or complete my talk. The District President said he would get me some water. Here comes the funny part. I was expecting some water from the drinking fountain, but two seconds later he is next to me with the sacrament cups. I took a drink and was able to finish but I felt a little strange and had to laugh about it. At the end I challenged everyone to read the Book of Mormon in 3 months and follow the paper I will give them. After three months all that finished will come to a party activity we will have. So I really want to stay here the whole time to be here for that. I hope Richard and his family are doing ok. They will be in my prayers. I got some dear elders this week and I can’t express my love and gratitude for them. Thank you so much Mom, Nana, and Grandpa. They are letters filled with love and inspire me to do even better. I don’t know what I would do without all the letters. I am going to give each of you a big hug when I get home but for now Mom I give that duty to you. I’m sad for this change because my comp is going home. It will be different. He said he wants to meet you and that he will come to my homecoming. He lives in a little town in Nevada but is going to BYU. Mom I love you and love even more that you are my mom. I love that we have the gospel and the many blessings it brings. I’m thankful for all that I have and the opportunity to improve and learn more. I can’t wait to talk to you again next week and I can’t even explain how excited I am to talk to you in Dec. When is your trip? That will be so fun. I’m thinking about the after mission trip you talked about in my dearelder. I love you and pray for you. I hope you and the family are happy, healthy, and filled with so much love and blessings.

Love you forever Mom,

Your boy, J

No comments:

Post a Comment