Monday, October 8, 2012

Conference was Amazing - October 8, 2012


Conference was an amazing spiritual two days. I really loved it. We tried to set up the TV to watch it in English but it was not configured so we could not get it. There has been problems with the internet in the church also and we have not had it for over two weeks. Well we were very blessed because the internet was working Saturday. We watched it the two of us on the computer in English. Priesthood was the only session we had to watch in Spanish. All the talks were amazing and I look forward to talking to you about them. Can you believe this is my last conference in the mission? That is crazy. That is crazy the age of 18 for males but more crazy 19 for females. That is huge for the women. I imagine many more sister missionaries. I did not know Heather would be able to put in her papers in a year, wow. Pres. Uchtdorf's talk was one I wanted to share with you today. I loved the biking story. Enjoy the journey, especially right now in my mission. When he talked I thought about spending more cherished time with my family after the mission. I loved that happiness is available all the time if I choose it. So when times are rough I can choose to be happy still and look for the good. Be thankful for all the small things in life. So powerful. I have said this before and I will say it again. Every time I listen to Pres. Eyring I cannot help but think of Grandpa Walker. His spirituality, love, humor and so much more. I imagine that is the same advice Grandpa would give me. Helps me feel Grandpa is close even though he is in another country. I can’t wait to talk with Grandpa when I get home and receive advice from him too. I love him with all my heart. He is like a father to me. Don’t forget Grandpa, you are very loved. The ask the missionaries was wonderful I hope more people ask us. During the two days of conference we had 7 investigators come to conference. That was wonderful and I hope that they felt the spirit and will progress. I finally got David’s package this week. It was wonderful. An incredible letter from him and one from Nancy. Fruit snacks, candy, vitamins, beef jerky, meal shakes and a shake blender bottle, and some other wonderful stuff. Oh and really amazing pics. He appears to be very healthy and doing great. Still no word about Nanas package though. Not sure if she can talk to the post office about it or if they can even do anything. But I will keep looking. Elder Escobedo and I have a funny joke amongst us. In some of the bible videos it shows people renting their garments. We love it and joke about doing it when something is really crazy. Last week we played volleyball with the members and my shirt came untucked in front, hanging out of my sweater. I invented the missionary version of renting your garments. We were losing in volleyball and I had tucked my shirt back in. Well as we were losing I did this motion of grabbing my shirt in the front and untucking it in a forceful downward motion. It is pretty hilarious to see. So now when the two of us have something happen, like a lesson that gets canceled we do the shirt untucking. I will have to show you when I get home. The area is still pretty hard but I really think I want to end here in Rio Blanco. I love the members. I feel refueled by conference and I’m ready to make miracles here in my area. I thought about you and the family during the conference and I cannot explain how much I really love you and I’m grateful for you. You have helped me in so many ways and your continued love and support is uncomparable. I pray that you will be healthy and blessed by our loving Heavenly Father. I love you and am very excited to talk to you more in a week. If it is like this last week it will pass very fast. Love you and send my love to all the family.
Your Baby Boy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment