Monday, July 2, 2012

July Already? - July 2,2012

Wow Mom way to go on being super healthy! That is amazing that you got 6.8%. What a blessing that damage was reversed. I’m so proud of you and how well you are doing with your health. I need you to help me because if I stay in this area there is a good chance I will come home fat haha. We have a cook that feeds us lunch everyday but we also get dinner from members every night. One day it was raining really hard. One member gave us a cup of café (but made from cereal so it is not the bad kind) then another gave us mush that is milk and a cereal type thing with cinnamon that is really good, then another member gave us a drink made of chocolate and rice that is yummy then we had dinner offered to us. Wow I was so full. We did service this week and cut weeds with machetes but we did not really plan to do it at that time so we were in our church clothes and my goodness I was a sweaty mess when we finished two hours later. I was completely wet. I kept thinking about our new pool at home and how nice that would feel. You’re so lucky. I’m going to take advantage of that when I get home. You and Scott have been married three years? Wow time does fly by. You both have done so much in that three years and I don’t think your adventures are done. I still remember that wedding dinner. David still laughs with me about Dr. Jensen Heart. We are going to use that name when we go for a night on the town in SLC. The food at Taggarts is so delicious. I should my pictures to some members here and all of them said the same thing about the pics of my family. My bishop here said he thought you were my sister, that you look very young. He saw the complete family pic and thought that Nana was my mom and you were my sister. So you and Nana should be very happy because you both look (and are) so young that everyone says good things about both of you. We have so much rain here lately and it is super powerful. I’m glad I have my boots to wear. One day we looked a little silly. I used my boots and then wrapped this blue plastic tarp around my hips to keep my legs dry and a green tarp around my torso to keep me dry. I was walking around in a skirt kinda, then to make it worse a member saw me and said I am getting my head wet so she insisted I use her umbrella. Well it is pink so then I looked absolutely ridiculous but I laughed good about it. We have found some positive people here but they don’t want to progress. They will not pray specifically to know if the Book of Mormon is true and we can’t get anyone to come to church. It is a struggle but I take it as a test of faith and my attitude. I’m going to keep working hard and smiling. I’m going to just enjoy myself and know that the Lord will bless me for my effort. I started reading the Book of Mormon again from the beginning and I am learning so much again. I love it and know it is true. I have gotten to know the members more and they really really love me. The little kids get along with me very easily and the bishop is super friendly. I hope I can now use their help more in receiving references and working with us in lessons. I can’t believe that time is going by so fast. My comp only has 4 weeks left. July is here and it is going to go by so quickly. I love the mission and will use the time I have to get the most personal conversion and make a difference here. Next week we are going to Taka lik, it is some Mayan ruins so that should be fun. I love you and am so happy that you are doing amazing with your health. I love your letters and love talking to you. Tell the family I love them so much. Enjoy the pool for me and have a wonderful week. I will write you again next week. Hopefully I will have more to say about the progress of the work here. Love you Mom with all my heart.
Love Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment