Monday, July 23, 2012

17 Months Today - July 23, 2012

Thank you so much for the gifts and tell Lois I’m very grateful for that. I’m writing Grandma Davis today and will send the letter. That is so cool about the Edwards I will ask some people if by chance they know them. Sounds like you got some amazing things from the garden. I miss the garden so much. Right now is the season of elote, corn, so we have had some good corn on the cob several times from members. I want a bacon and tomato sandwich so bad, can’t wait to eat those. I heard Nana and Grandpa talk about cleaning their freezer and moving food but that is terrible that their freezer is now dead. Hope they got the food saved. I can’t imagine the sacrifice of the early saints either. To keep going as you are losing everything is incredible. So I had a good birthday. The work was slow but we had lunch and a good cake. The cook after I blew out the candles pushed my face in it. That's what they do here is push faces into cakes. For dinner with our member it was the best. We had a roast with gravy, an almost normal salad, rice, and a really good jello cake. They spoiled me and I thought of a normal meal from home with that cake. Can’t believe I’m 24 already. Also can’t believe that I have 17 months today. How fast has the time gone and these next 7 months are going to be extremely fast I feel. People here still are not keeping their commitments but we are searching for the people that are prepared. I met a guy a couple weeks ago from Kansas that has a wife from here and they moved here with their 3 kids. Only the wife can speak Spanish so that would be really hard. We are teaching him but he said they are not looking to change their religión. I told him I don’t think it was coincidence that I was in this área at this time to meet someone that can’t speak Spanish. He is very nice and I hope the Book of Mormon helps some of his doubts and helps him know where the truth is. We had a dinner with them Sunday and it was a seafood soup. It had fish, shrimp, crab, it was very good. I have one more week with my comp before changes and before he goes home. I really have to push him this week so we work the hardest we can. I think he is feeling the time to return home but we still have work and I want to have a lot for my new comp and I. I know it would be really hard when you only have one week left but I am going to do my best that when that time comes for me I am serving with all my might to the end. I want to swim in our pool so bad. I look forward to doing laps in it when I get home. I’m reading the New Testament right now to help teach better. I’m learning so many good things and I am in the book of Acts. I should complete it pretty quickly. I have been better at how I ask questions and being excited as I teach. Still have to find a better way to work with the members though. That is the key to success. I love you and can’t wait to hear about your concert and read your dearelders. They are so amazing to read. Well Mom I love you and can’t wait to talk to you again. Until next week, hugs and prayers and love from Guatemala. PS update me about your temple progress where you are at?

Love Elder J 

No comments:

Post a Comment