Monday, July 30, 2012

End of July Already? - July 30, 2012

I can’t believe it is already the end of the month. How quickly the time has passed. My comp goes home and I think he is thinking about it a lot. This week was not very productive. I can only do so much to motivate him and help him to work. So we did not get a lot done, but I hope that I get a great comp that is ready to work and do all that is necessary. We have some investigators that are not progressing. One kid is not reading and we keep explaining how important it is and keep reading with him. He came to church and has been several times and goes to seminary every night but will not read. We even have a reading group with him to read together so hopefully he will do it. Staying in the pool all day sounds so nice. We have had crazy heat here. It is so hot and right now I hate using my backpack because just putting it on and having it pressed against me causes lots of sweat. Sounds really nice reading lots of books by the pool. That does sound really hard that Scott’s kids don’t want to try a relationship with him. He is really trying and they refuse to try. Oh I love that I got bday greetings from my friends. There are some great people that really care about me. The pioneers were incredible and I am so grateful for all that they did for us. I can’t imagine doing all that they did with less than what we have. We had some good talks in church about humility and a great class about temples. So there is a style of clothes that is really big here and I want to know if it was big there or not. There are lots of shirts with the angry bird faces on them but right now the biggest thing that you see everywhere here is shirts with faces from the Muppets or Seasame street on them. I don’t understand why they are so popular here. Last Thursday we had an interesting experience. We had our meeting and we were waiting for a taxi to take us back to our area but nobody was coming so we decided to try our luck hitching. So some pickups passed but nothing. I held my thumb out and a semi truck happened to be passing and stopped right in the middle of the road that is a major road. The 4 of us hoped in the semi and got a ride to our house. I have never been in a semi. It was pretty cool. He was very nice to give us a ride. Yesterday it rained and it rained hard. We were going to go to an appointment but the street was completely flooded and we could not pass. It was crazy! There was just more and more rain and water. We finally got a ride in a truck just to cross the street. In our ward there is a mom that has a son that wants to go on a mission but the mom doesn’t want him to. We have talked with her a few times. I was wondering if you had any advice or words that would help her. I am excited and nervous for changes. I really really want a good comp. I need someone that can put in the effort also that we can have great unity and make lots of progress in this area. I am grateful for and miss Elder Card. He was the best. I don’t think I need anything. But I do need you to pay some tithing there for me. If you could pay $20 in tithing. I believe it is paid back home in the ward. Thank you for that. I can’t wait to tell you about changes. It is a large group of 30 missionaries so it will be in the stake center. Tomorrow before our district meeting we are cleaning the chapel. Well I'm super sweaty but I’m doing good and learning a lot. Still have a lot to learn but as long as I stay happy and keep learning all I can I will be even happier. I hope you are doing very well. Tell the family I love them. Oh I remember one other thing. A few months ago I sent some letters and some pics to Jessica and her family, well they just got there and I’m sure that was a little awkward. But they liked the pics and her sister and I will be Spanish pen pals. She is now in the mission field. I love you Mom and can’t wait to hear from you next week or read your dearelders. You are the greatest and I am very happy I’m your son. You still have not told me about your temple progress? Cómo está? I tried to send pics last week but there was a problem so I will try again. Be safe, be happy, be wonderful. I know you are. 
Love Son

No comments:

Post a Comment