Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy Birthday to Scott - July 9, 2012

My week was pretty good. I feel bad though because last week after I left the internet cafe I looked at my planner and realized it was the 2nd of July and I didn´t tell Scott Happy Birthday. So tell him I’m sorry I didn’t say it last week and that I say Feliz Cumpleaños! I had a bad day this last week because we accomplished nothing. My comp is going home in less than 3 weeks and there was a day were we did not make any contacts and taught only a couple lessons and did not do anything, I blame myself also that I did not do more to motivate my comp and push us to work hard. So this week will be better and I will try harder at keeping us working effectively. The members are all really friendly and we are trying to motivate them more to come work with us. One family is really good and they have two sons that have served a mission and one of them can speak English. I like this family and the family of the bishop and told them both if they ever come to Utah they can stay a couple days with us. We have some investigators that we have some good lessons with that understand really well but they are not keeping their commitments and won’t come to church. It is frustrating because they are so close to knowing that this is true and being baptized but they won’t pray and won’t read. That keeps them from coming to church. But I have faith that things will improve and as long as we keep working hard we will be blessed. I am trying to think of creative ways we can do powerful one or two min contacts to be more effective. I meditated on DC 4 and I love the promise that the field is white for the harvest. The Lord is preparing them so I just have to follow the spirit and find them. We went to a member’s house Saturday for the homecoming of her son. That was really weird being there when he got home. Strange to be around someone who is just barely a normal member yet I myself am still a missionary. I was happy for him and his family. Today we went to Takalik Abja. They are some ruins that are pretty cool. They date some of the sites from 800 to 600 years before Christ. It was cool seeing the sites and talking with the guy there about the different things. It was interesting talking with him and all of us were talking about the Book of Mormon. I liked it. When we come back we should go to Lake Atiklan and some of the really cool sites in northern Guatemala. We didn’t have any fireworks for the 4th but the day before we heard some because there are always fireworks here. I bought a green rain poncho so no more silly outfits for a while. All of us tried to wear ties and clothes with red white and blue. That would be crazy having all the fireworks in 20 seconds, what a site to see. The party with the family sounds great. So does being in the pool all day. I’m getting more excited to swim everyday. You need to send me a pic of the pool. If Kembree starts reciting all the movies like me she is going to have even more of a special place in my heart. I really like that they liked the money. It is something that I can send easily and it is pretty cool to see. Ivy is walking! There are a couple really cute little kids here and they make me think of the Winns and I’m so excited to pick them up and hug them again in 8 months. I’m going to love them a lot. I love Grandpa’s garden and want him to teach me about gardening when I get home. I want you to teach me how to sew with the sewing machine. There are so many people that sew here. One hermana in my ward made me a laundry bag and I talked to her about sewing. She taught me for a min with her machine. I want to learn how to do lots of crafty stuff with that. I would love to go back with the Mortensens and you guys. Especially if we go back before July 2013 cause that is when President goes home. A trip in July for his farewell would be amazing. I need to double check but I think everyone in my district in Provo MTC went to NY NY south Spanish speaking. I will look up the names and see if it is the same mission. Maybe she will see them. I know Elder Lillywhite, he is funny. I met someone from his ward before I left that told me about him. That is crazy that it is hotter and hotter there. Really nice to have a pool I imagine. I bet the flowers look amazing again, they sound amazing. I have loved seeing the flowers here and all the green of some of the jungle areas. I’m excited to see it with you after the mission. I’m learning and growing. I know there are challenges but they are for my growth and I will learn so much. My faith and testimony of Christ is growing a lot. How is the temple progress? I love you so much and love your letters. I hope you are doing wonderfully and you are always in my prayers and my heart. Take care Mom and I will send some amazing news and stories next week, hopefully. 
Love your son 

No comments:

Post a Comment