Monday, January 16, 2012

Thanks for all the Letters - January 16, 2012

I'm here with Elder Almendarez from Honduras. He come to Reu from the CCM with me. I have not got a suitcase yet but I'm going to look around. So I got all the dearelders from December this last week. They were so good I loved them. I also got a letter from the Winns. It had a Christmas picture of the family and cards from each of the kids. I really loved it. I love writing them and sharing with them and I'm glad I can be an example for them. Corinne said the kids are trying to speak Spanish and adding funny accents to everything. It is funny. I'm going to write them again and include a couple words. They ask Gentry a lot too and can speak a lot of Spanish by the time I get home. That is what I want you to do also. Learn Spanish to speak when I'm done. I did so much walking this week. It is crazy how far part of our area is. More then 30minuts to 1 hour walking one way. So this week one of the members cooked us lunch and had a surprise for me. She is married to a return missionary from Denver Co. and the surprise for lunch was homemade banana bread. Oh my gosh it was so good. I thought of Nana and her homemade bread. I loved it. She said she can make zucchini bread but does not have zucchini here in Guatemala. I have a question when cooking rice or pasta what is the best to do to keep it from boiling over? That is crazy about Scott and scary. I'm glad it is nothing to his heart and he is doing better with the medication. I would love to do genealogy work with Grandpa when I get back. I really want to take some family names to the temple. Wow about Kyle. I can't imagine what the family is going through right now. I pray Kyle will be ok and the family will be protected. It was a big accident and the dog didn't do it purposefully. When will they know if he will have scars? That is way cool about the plane tickets. Would you have other places to go there or things to see that you didn't get to before? The tickets have a better value. How cool. There was a lot of hassle and time wasted for the fire but now you basically have a free trip. The plane tickets are the most expensive part right? So I have some other big news that happened yesterday. We were contacting looking for some old investigators and not having much success. My companion said he didn't want to contact anymore. I asked what he wants to do because we don't have many other options. He said he doesn't know but has never worked like this and is not used to it and it is dumb. I said fine I am going to follow you this week and we will do whatever you say. He didn't want to do that cause he only wants to follow. So he went back to the house. I used the bathroom and was waiting for him but he was packing his things and said he is done, he wants to go to his house. We went to the zone leaders house to talk and he said he is not happy and it is hard so he wants to go home. We spent the night there and tomorrow we return to the zone leaders so my companion can go talk to the President about what to do. So I might have emergency changes for the second time. Interesting times for Elder Cox. He said some things last night that made me think. I am so grateful that you write me every week, an email and a dearelder. I don't know if you know how much that really helps. It really keeps me going sometimes. I am grateful that Nana writes me every week too. Your love and prayers give me the strength and help I need. I love you Mom and am eternally grateful for all you do. You really are the best. Don't ever stop writing me. I know you won't. I will let you know what happens this week when I write you Monday. I love you and send very grateful hugs and kisses.
Love Elder Son

No comments:

Post a Comment