Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year's! - January 2, 2012

This last year has gone by so fast. You're right so much has happened this year. I'm glad you are feeling better. I keep praying for your health. That was really smart and wonderful of Jessica to get a message for Nana and Grandpa. I really do love them so much, especially Grandpa. Grandpa will always have a special place in my life, he is such an amazing example of the man I want to be and he is like a father to me I love him. When I hear President Eyring talk I always am reminded of Grandpa. The Skype was the best and I still think how awesome that was to see you and the family and share stories. Lois is so sweet to me and the family. I love her too. Tell her thank you so much from me. New Year's was different for me too. New Year's Eve was like Christmas Eve. At 12 there were lots and lots of fireworks all over the sky again. We did some and I busted out a package of the glow sticks and me and my companion were goofing around on our top floor while we watched the fireworks, we could see people across from us that were laughing at us with the glow sticks. I also finished the bottle of sparkling cider I bought. It was pretty fun. We only had Sacrament in church and after we went and ate our lunch and visited for a while. It is hard to do much here on New Year's. Sunday for New Year's everyone goes to the beach or the pool so all our members and investigators were gone. In the evening though we did meet with one of our investigators and we challenged them to baptism. We have two people preparing for baptism on Saturday the 14th. Changes are Wednesday however and I think I will be leaving here so I hope everything goes well with the baptisms. It was crazy last night that I could see how hard Satan works to stop our progress and work. We had a very spiritual lesson with one investigator. A member shared their testimony, then I did, then my companion was sharing a spiritual testimony when her phone rang and she quickly covered it up. Then it rang again 30 seconds later so we said just answer it. While she was talking her brother that was sleeping fell out of bed and there was a huge crash. So that ruined the Spirit that was there and we had to work hard to bring it back. But I think they will progress to baptism. We have been struggling this last couple weeks with having success. This week as a district each area made some goals for new investigators, lessons with members, and challenging for baptism. We set 5 new, 5 lessons, 3 challenges. I was not sure if we would make it with the New Year's and some bad luck. We focused and keep working to try our best. Sure enough Sunday night we at the end of the day for our weekly stats we had 6 new investigators, 4 challenges, and 4 lessons with member present. It was pretty awesome and I felt really good about it. Strengthened my testimony more. Today because we won the district is buying our lunch. I don't know what happened with the pics. I had them all there and when I sent it there was only 2 pictures but I was out of time so I will try again. I love you so much Mom and I'm glad you're happy and I look forward to the wonderful New Year and the things we will share and learn together. I will tell you about changes next week, I hope I get a really good companion. Love you and can't wait to talk to you next week. Happy New Year! Love Son

No comments:

Post a Comment