Saturday, January 28, 2012

Great Week - January 28, 2012

Buenas, I have to get used to my pdays on Saturday too. I love the changes. There are some times when the phone calls I get are not fun. For example, when people received all their money but used it all and now they say they need more, or when elders leave a debt in their last area and I call them to say we will be taking that money, then I get a "he said she said" thing and have to decide who is right and what to do. But I really do enjoy this new companionship and calling. I read about the dinner at the Beus's. Sounded so wonderful and Michelle is amazing with the slide show. You are right that I get the dearelders a little bit faster now so that is nice. Another trip to the Philippines around Thanksgiving would be amazing. Pretty nice that there was a delay cause now you got a free trip pretty much. It's like what we are learning from President right now that challenges are not challenges they are opportunities. Tell Milt Happy Birthday for me. That's cool that Scott did that for Hunter and that he really liked it. One step at a time right. The construction in your office sounds crazy but the office should be really nice when it is done and as you said your job is super great. That is great about my taxes thank you. You will have to show me how next year. Elder Card's mom is so great. Did I tell you that in a package Elder Card got his family sent a football jersey from Seattle for me but when Elder Card got it he saw it was a XL and would be way big for me but the gesture was very sweet. I love being with Elder Card again. He is so nice, funny, and very spiritual. In a meeting we had he made comments that were revelation President really needed. I really respect Elder Card and am blessed to work with him again. I will take and send more pics of us and him. His mom sent him a dearelder and he got way excited, "I got one." He opened it and it was from his mom to him and I but a little more to me. He was a little bummed. It was very sweet saying how glad she is that we are comps and that we are awesome. I'm very blessed to be his friend and I think I will plan a trip to Washington after the mission. I saw his house on Google earth it was cool. I think it is great you are helping the priests practice teaching and your idea for treats I think would be very nice. They will learn a lot and I always learn a lot when others teach me it too so it will be very good. We are learning that the things we learn from Preach My Gospel can be applied to all aspects of our life after the mission too so that is really cool and a wonderful book for us. I got a letter from Brent on the 8th. I love the letters from them. They are so great and I will always be their friend. They said they are so glad we let them do the Fairwell and Brent is thankful I went scuba diving with him and used my time right before I left. I was extremely glad to go. Scuba diving and time with Brent is a memory I will always cherish. He said that the mission is like a garden so just dig it and keep planting those seeds. I loved it. I really want to return to Guatemala after the mission and I think coming with the bishop would be a huge blessing and opportunidad. This week Allie Stevens got her mission call. She will be going to the LA Temple Visitors Center Spanish speaking. That is so cool. We are going to write and be mission buddies and talk Spanish. Your Spanish is really good too Mom. In an email I got from Jessica Stevens she said her niece was in her room looking at the pictures in the frame I gave her and pointing out Jessica and she was also pointing me out and saying J-sen. She loved it and when they left the room she came back and kept looking at our pics. It was way cute. They took pics and are sending pics of her blowing kisses and being adorable. This week was really cool. Elder Carlos Amado of the Seventies came. I got to go to two of the three conferences he did. The first one I had to buy pizza for everyone. I bought 28 pizzas, one for each companionship. It was a lot but somehow there was not a pizza for us in the office, I have no idea how it happened. But we did get a free calzone. On Thurday I ordered Taco Bell for the conference. 75 orders of the Big Box, the most fast food I have ever ordered. I learned that because we are ordering a lot and do it often from these places I'm going to bargain. I got 5 free desserts, way cool. The food was a success Thursday. The conferences were amazing. He knows so much about the scriptures and Christ. I learned a lot about the doctrine and questions and about how I have the authority of God. Very cool stuff. Some things were to help the mission improve. Yesterday we had a meeting with President about what to do to have more success and make changes that Elder Amado said. The meeting was very spiritual and Elder Card and others received revelation to help us. It was awesome watching President and very humbling. I want to be like President Maravilla. Such a spiritual, powerful, successful, loving man. The last thing fun this week was yesterday night the office elders said we are going to have a sleep over. We brought our beds to the office and laid them all out and then watched the movie the RM. It was so funny and I think even better cause I am a missionary now. Have you seen that movie? What a fun time with the elders here. Sleep over, movie, today bowling. They are great and spiritual too. I'm learning a lot and growing a lot, increasing my spirit. Thank you for your letters, for your love, and support. I like that sis and others are talking about me. I send my love to every one of them. I love you and am grateful for all you do. Can't wait to talk to you again. Thank you for the letters, the dearelders, the prayers, and your love. You are the best! Love Son

No comments:

Post a Comment