Monday, October 3, 2011

Conference - October 3, 2011

First on Wednesday we had a conference in Reu with President that was so good about character and how we can do better. It made me think there is so much more I can be doing but I felt so uplifted and spiritually ready though. For conference we went to the stake center in Coatepeque Centro and there was a conference room with a tv for all the 12 Americans. It was fun because we all had a bunch of snacks and nice chairs. Four of us even had a pizza delivered Saturday between sessions. Sunday I missed part of the first talk in the afternoon because we went to our area for lunch. But I got to see all the sessions and every session was so incredible with a message just for me. I received answers and spiritual help and how to be a better missionary and person. I love President Monson. He was making me laugh so much with his facial expressions and jokes and how much he loves and serves people. I also love the personality of President Eyring, he reminds me of Grandpa so I love listening to him. Elder Yamashita was very good and I really loved Elder Cook´s talk about it's better to look up. Lots of great talks about the Book of Mormon and prayer too. My attitude towards conference has changed so much over the last two years. I used to think it was so long and not always for me but now I'm hanging on every word. I find myself smiling so largely whenever a person comes up to speak and I can feel the love and spirit. These are men called of God to help us have more happiness in life and return to our loving Heavenly Father. There are so many talks I loved. The talk from Eyring about pushing yourself beyond the limit to serve I can do that more in my mission and focus all my attention and love to the people here to make a difference and then come home proud and happy forever loving the people. I loved also the talk about going about doing good everyday and President Monson about standing up for what you believe, with the funny military story. I would love to talk with you about these talks more and share insights. Saturday Elder Hock who is in my zone and from Kaysville brought me a tie he had found in his house that has my name on it. It is from another Elder Cox that was here before and a zone leader, the tie is called the Africa tie because it is yellow with some sweet red and green stripes. I'm going to clean it then take a pic of me with it, it is a very exciting tie haha. The temples will be awesome and I want to go to all the temples in Utah when I'm done here. So far I have been to 4 in Utah. I'm glad Lois is doing better I have been keeping her in my prayers. That could be a big change for Nana and Grandpa so I'm curious to hear what they are going to do. Didn't they want to serve a mission at some point in the not to distant future? Way to go Heather! What is her favorite type of dance? I haven't heard anything from RJ but I'm sure the missions are very different. Hope you get the pool complete with the weather, sounds like a lot more work then you imagined, I bet you're glad you didn't try to do most of it yourselves. I'm way excited for the slip on shoes to tell you the truth. I don't think that is a bad idea about shipping the shoes in different packages. I also thought of something for a package - another tie, if you see one you think I would like or look good in that could be a Christmas gift. I'm looking forward to your dearelders. I love reading your letters and I also really look forward to Mondays, it is the motivational boost of love, support, and spiritual support I need. They mean so much to me, YOU mean so much to me. Thank you for everything Mom. I love you with all my heart and am eternally grateful to be your son.
Love your Son

No comments:

Post a Comment