Monday, October 10, 2011

Excited for My Package - October 10, 2011

That is so true about conference. As soon as it was over I was already excited and ready for the next conference. It is so amazing and spiritually uplifting. I love my new feelings for conference. I'm so excited for the package and my shoes. It will be so nice. I love getting things from you. I can't wait to see the Virgin Mary package, I'm going to take several pics cause that is fun. Crazy about the rain. Sounds like Guatemala rain. You're so close to finishing the pool yet can't exactly finish the job. Crazy Utah weather always messes things up. I hope you can get it done before the weather gets really bad. I'm glad you went to David's party. They are very good people, David is my brother and Nancy and Rich are my other parents, haha. I actually have a lot of other parents, Aunt Holly, David's parents, Jessica's mom and a few others. I love David's family and going to their parties. Everyone there is always so nice. David is such a good friend and I'm glad you like his family. They like me a lot so that's fun you got to tell them how I'm doing. Who are some people there you met that you like? This week was good. Had an experience in our house when we ran out of toilet paper and didn't buy some for a day. We had to use actual paper. It was like I was camping except in a nicer house, bucket showers and paper for the toilet. What will I experience next in Guatemala? I weighed myself and the scale I used in a different place from last month said I was 157 lbs. So that could be true or a little difference in the 2 machines I don't know for sure. But it is possible that I gained 6 pounds last month so that is good. It's funny here, in little bags of chips and snacks they have pogs for the kids. For kids pogs are kinda a big thing right now. It made me think of all the pogs Jess and I had and how we would go to Dilly Dallys to get more pogs. Funny how some things come back into culture and are popular again. This week was not to successful with many of our investigators and getting new people. Sometimes I have a little hard time with my comp because he goes home in Nov and sometimes doesn't want to really work hard or follow the rules exactly. And I don't know if I should say something to him or what. I tried saying things to him but he got mad and it was not the best. So I just wake up at 6:30 and wait for him. I figured I can't force him to do anything so I will just do what is right and study the scriptures if he doesn't want to work much. It's been a learning experience in how I react to situations. But we are good. We had a baptism this Saturday. She was such a good and positive investigator. I really wish we had more like her. We actually had a lot of people come to the baptism and one investigator that is really hard to put a baptism date with so hopefully that helped. At church I blessed the Sacrament in Spanish and shared my testimony. We had a less active member come that hasn't come in so long. We taught him that night and I hope that we helped him change and come back to the gospel more. I don't know if I told you this but there is a member who went to America years ago and while there learned how to cook a lot. This last week she made us BBQ chicken and lasagna. It was so good. And it really made me think of home and our lasagna meals and BBQ all the time. It was a nice taste of home. This Sunday we went to her house for dinner again and had a different lasagna that was so amazing and we made a box of turtle brownies we bought in the store. I loved it and was stuffed but it was so worth it. Again it reminded me of home a lot. Other then that not to much new here. Lots of rain still but the rain season is almost over. There are changes Wednesday but we won't know until tonight if we have any. And I don't know if you saw the Liahona for this month but it is only about the Book of Mormon. It is so amazing it made me love the Book of Mormon even more. What an amazing blessing we have to have that book. I have been reading a lot lately about Lehi's dream of the tree and the iron rod. I'm learning so many cool things and how to use that to help members share the gospel and how to be a stronger missionary constantly grasping to the word of God. I love you Mom and I'm so grateful for all you do. I love your letters and your packages. You're the best Mom I could have and I'm excited to share my stories with you. I don't know if they are showing the Guatemala temple dedication in Utah but if so you should work with the bishop to get your temple recommend to go to it. I can't wait to go to the temple with you after my mission, that is a dream of mine. Love you Mom and I can't wait to write to you next week and share more of my stories. Love Son

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys came to the party, and even MORE glad that Jensen was able to hear about it already! He was greatly missed out that event, as well as every day, but it sounds like he's doing great!

    ReplyDelete