Monday, September 26, 2011

Looking Forward to Conference - September 26, 2011

So I have not got any letters from the ward yet. Your dearelder for Sept 11 was received on the 22. I don't remember much about the missionary lessons outside, crazy. I love the temple puzzle ideas that sounds way great. The Bountiful or San Diego temple would be good pictures. Tell Brent Beus I'm proud of him. He will be great in the bishopric. He is such a good guy and my friend. I will have to write them again and tell him my congrats. So Jessica´s Aruba trip was great. She went to the beach a lot and did snorkeling with her sisters but I can't remember if she did any dives. I think she did. But they went parasailing, with the parachute and a boat and enjoyed the food at the beach restaurants. She enjoyed it but said she wouldn't go again cause she wants to see new places. I can't wait to go somewhere fun after the mission.

I think both those shoes sound wonderful. I'm already excited for them. The slip on and the lace would be great. I was thinking about a slip on. I think the 2 year warranty is an amazing idea too. Thank you so much Mom. I was looking around here but the shoes are not waterproof and are ok. I think size 11 will be perfect. You're so good to me sending me shoes. I love David and that he loved the pics. We do have a lot of great pics from Europe. He is so kind to send me health supplements. It's good too because I'm starting to get to the end of the calcium and multi vit that we bought. Now I'm super excited for the shoes, health stuff, peanut butter, and dice. I can understand on Survivor now when they see peanut butter and go crazy for it, it is delicious and you don't get it that much here. I eat some bananas but I need to eat more bananas and more fruit. I did not know that about the fleas. We have a nurse that talks with the drs. If I need some meds I will let you know. That might not be a bad idea to send some. That is sad and scary for Lois. I will keep her in my prayers more. I hope she gets better.

This week we didn't have any baptisms. We have marriage and divorce problems with a couple families. One family is now ready to be married but the wife because it's her first marriage wants rings and a dress. So the branch president and some others are going to see what we can do to help them get those and get married before the date they planned of Nov 5. We are trying for this month. They are really good members and people. Another woman is ready we have taught her and she will be baptised after conference. And there is a guy who has had a hard past with drugs and drinking and wants to change. I shared with him about my life a little and how I didn't go to church but I changed and now I'm blessed. He is feeling that God loves him again and is progressing alot. He read so much in the Book of Mormon. We are going to help him be baptised this month. Kinda a slow week though. Not many new people. My companion is about to go home in Nov and sometimes he gets a little baggy. That's what the missionaries call it when someone thinks of home a lot. A couple days it was a little hard to get us out working. But we are doing good. I started talking with him sometimes in Spanish but with a southern or Texas Spanish accent. It makes us laugh a lot and we like it. We also were having fun in our house one night making up terrible dance moves. I hit 7 months this last week. I only have 13 changes left. That is so crazy. Changes are every 6 weeks. Time sometimes feels so slow but it is also going by extremely fast. Time will be over before I know it so I need to make the most out of all of it. I didn't hear about the earthquakes. The last time I felt an earthquake was a couple months ago in Samayac. Kinda scary though. I love hearing from you and getting your letters. I really can't tell you how much they help me work hard and feel more happy. Family is a blessing and I'm extremely blessed with mine. Conference is this weekend and I'm excited for my first conference in the field. I love listening to conference. I'm excited to talk with you again about the different talks so you better watch which I know you will. Sending all my love and keeping you in my prayers. Will try to send more pics. Until next week. Love you Mom, Love Son

No comments:

Post a Comment