Monday, August 1, 2011

5 Baptisms - August 1, 2011

I know time is passing so quickly, my mission will be over before I know it. Elder Paz and I had a rough week this last week. We got frustrated with each other and a little mad. Part of it had to do with the fact that he had no money and no food, the other part is that we need to learn our way of communicating with each other. He doesn't tell me things and just makes some plans without me or has many different ways of doing things. I'm really learning how to show and have lots of love for my companion and others, how to have patience, and how to communicate. That is key. However in good news we did have our baptisms on Saturday, 5 people were baptized. I baptized the mom and the little boy, Elder Paz the father and the girl, the other had his brother baptise him. It was very exciting. I got 6 baptisms total for the month of July and I think as a zone we met our goal of 55 for the month and get to go to Xetulu, the amusement park here. Very exciting. That is so exciting about Corinne's baby, I really want to see her and hold her. Nana and Grandpa should have lots of fun with all the kids, haha. No fleas that I know of but a little problem with mosquitos last month, right now not too bad. I think you definitely made the right choice with your job. You deserve a lunch and to not feel stressed. That takes a lot out of you. This will be a lot better. I highly encourage the learning of Spanish, the game boy really helps. The food from Grandpa's garden sounds so good. I miss that a lot. This Sunday I had to give a talk in church but I only had a few minutes Saturday night and Sunday morning to prepare. It was on missionary work and how every member can help. I did pretty good for the time I had but I prefer to have a week to prepare. I was talking with a member here that has a son on a mission and she said something I thought about and want to share with you. Be nice to the missionaries in your ward and do what you can to help them or make them feel welcome, because that's what I want the people here to do for me, help me in any way and be really friendly, so do the same to the sons that are serving there, just a thought. Also I am looking but can't find any yet but one of my shoe inserts is worn out into a big hole in the back and I am trying to find a Dr. Scholls or Magellen size 10.5 shoe insert. I might need you to send me one. Also if you could do me a favor and in my backpack at home is my computer, on my computer is a music file of church music with the cd A Hymn Revival by Lower Lights, it is an amazing cd and if you could send it to me or even try emailing me the music that would be incredible. If not don't worry about it. I'm glad things are going well for you. Tell me how cute Corinne's baby is. I love you and want to work with all my heart here for you and my family. I'm so glad you are my mom and have done so much for me. Mondays are my favorite because I get to read your letters and write you. Can't wait til next week. Love you mom! Love, Son Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment