Monday, August 22, 2011

6 Month Mark - August 22, 2011

I'm glad you had a good birthday and liked the video. Dinner at Canyons and Javier's sounds so yummy. That is cool that the El Salvador temple was dedicated yesterday. I did not know it was that soon. I did not know that it's the 4th temple in Central America. Before I know it the Xela temple will be dedicated here. Can't believe school started again. Crazy that people think trees are comparable in price to air conditioning, especially for a whole school. Good luck with the calls, ha ha.
So we had a missionary activity in our area with some games. There was musical chairs, a foot race with a lime on a fork in your mouth, another game I call Spirit (someone is blindfolded and follows the other partner's voice as they navigate through obstacles of chairs and other objects and is to explain how we listen to the soft voice of the spirit and avoid dangers), pin the Moroni on the temple (I drew the temple and it looked pretty good). It started an hour late and at first had very little people cause when it rains everything stops here and people don't leave. However later people came and it turned out pretty good. They won cash for some games and spiritual games they won Spirit cash. These they used at the store to buy lolly pops and chips and other little things but the spirit cash is no good there. At the end people with the spirit cash can sit at the high level and people with less sit in the middle and with no the bottom, it is the 3 celestial kingdoms. We got 13 references. Not too bad. I feel bad though because I did not talk with the investigators that much. That is the whole point of the activity. So next time I am going to talk with everyone, that is my goal.
Tomorrow I will have 6 months in the mission that is so crazy, time is going by pretty fast. I now only 18 months left. For a little while I was kinda in a funk and not feeling like my normal positive happy self. But now I am more like myself. Happy, positive, more enthusiastic, loving, and looking for the good. That is my focus right now too - looking for the good in everything and having faith and more love. I'm normally a very loving person but it is important to be more loving especially with the differences of my companion and other things. People know me as a loving happy positive people person so I'm going to work on being more like that person again and be even better. I'm so grateful for your love and support and the love of all the family and friends. I love you so much and you're the best mom ever. Love you more forever. Love, Son.
PS - I sent a letter today to David so let him know to keep an eye out. Love you Mom. Until next week, which will come very fast.

1 comment: