Monday, July 25, 2011

New Companion - July 25, 2011

My birthday was really good. Elder Card had gotten my planner the day before without me knowing and wrote Happy Birthday all around the page for my birthday and Happy Birthday Elder Cox. It was very nice and a sweet surprise. I got the email from Lois and will read it after I send this. You are first priority. Wednesday was changes. Every six weeks is changes in the mission and sometimes nothing happens but sometimes you get called to a different area. Elder Card got called to Reu to work in the office as Secretary of Finances. It is pretty cool. I miss Elder Card, he was a great friend to me. My new companion is Elder Paz from Honduras. He has 20 months in the mission so he will finish his mission here in Samayac. He only speaks Spanish so it is a little tough but my Spanish is improving more quickly and he said I am really good at speaking for the short time I have. For my birthday we had zone meeting in Mazate and they had bought cake for me and another elder with a birthday this month. It was good. Then for lunch at our cook's house she made a choc cake that was pretty good. We taught a lesson that day to an investigator and his family in the church. We first did a tour of the church and then talked about baptism and coming to church. It was really good. Tell Lois thank you for the birthday gift same with everyone else. Elder Paz is really smart and a great missionary. We are going to work really hard and baptise lots of people here. We taught an investigator that we have been teaching for a while and he has problems with the Word of Wisdom. We taught a very powerful lesson and he broke the last 3 cigarettes he had and committed to living the Word of Wisdom. I then gave him a really good blessing for strength in Spanish. He also said he will come to church and prepare for baptism July 30. It was so powerful and I could really feel the spirit, I have a real love for this man and for our other family. I gave a blessing to a members little baby too. It was in Spanish and I did really well with it. On Sunday our family and our other investigators came to church, that is 5 investigators in church, amazing! That night we talked with the family. The 2 kids want to be baptized and are excited and the 3rd kid that is only 7 wants to also. The parents said they felt really happy and good in church and will prepare for baptism too. So if all goes well we could have 5 baptisms this Saturday the 30th. I really hope it happens. I love these people and know they will have more blessings with this gospel. Today we had a BBQ with President Maravilla. It was good and if we reach our goal of 50 baptisms again this month we get to go to the amusement park here in Reu. My foot feels a lot better but some motions still hurt so I'm talking with the leaders again. Last time I checked I lost all the weight I put on in the CCM and am a little less then when I left for the mission. No foot fungus or any issues, just sweat all the time. Can I get a pic of Nana and Grandpa, maybe even one with me in it too and a pic of Corinne and her family. I'm glad things are going really well at your job and you like it. The concert sounded wonderful and I can't wait to come home and see Harry Potter. I have heard good things about it. I hope you enjoy the holiday and I think for birthdays we should get a call too, I missed not celebrating with my family. Thanks for the bday wishes and all you do for me. I think about you a lot and love you so much. I like that so many people are praying and supporting me. Oh I might need some shoe inserts. One of my shoes is worn out on the inside. Love you and can't wait to write and read your letters next week. I really look forward to it and it's all I think about Mondays. I love you mom and pray that you will have many blessings. Love your son Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment