Monday, August 29, 2011

5 More Baptisms - August 29, 2011

Hi Mama, it was pretty crazy to think I have been out 6 months now. I now am serving a female mission - 18 months haha. I love David and hope he enjoys the letter, I really enjoyed his. I got the package on the 23rd. It was a lot sooner then I thought. I love the cds and the photos. I like the photo of all the family and of Kimbree and me. I showed our house to many people and they love it, so pretty with all the flowers. The inserts are perfect and I needed them because my Rockport shoes are not doing as well as I hoped they would. The insert is worn out so I threw it away, the soles are very worn and the heel on the inside is coming apart also the material inside the shoe is falling apart. I'm a little disappointed with that brand right now. So my cd player I bought here stopped working. It only plays 31 seconds of the first song and pauses and it won't play any other song. It only worked for two months so I was a little mad that I paid 150 quets for 2 months. I tried to take it back but because it was past 8 days they couldn't do anything. I found a new one though that is more expensive then the first but it is a Panasonic and very nice so I trust it. I talked them down to 260 but to use my card there was a charge so it was 282 quets about $35. Not to bad and I'm very glad to have music again. Yeah I didn't think about the news letter being in Spanish, my bad. We have our pic in the news letter 3 months in a row because of our success here in our zone. The peaches and peach shakes with bacon sandwiches sound so amazing I really miss those. The party sounds like fun and that is so nice that everyone talked about me and sends their love. So Saturday we had some baptisms. We told people it started at 4 so people would be there on time cause people are always late. 2 of our investigators were there but we were missing a family so we went to get them. The mom was still gone selling food, the son was flying a kite somewhere but no one knew where and the daughter was washing clothes. We got a member to wait for them and bring them in a taxi. As we were leaving we met the mom and she said she will come unless it rains then she doesn't want to bring the kids. The rain is a big problem here and it ruins activities because people do not go out. We got to the church and were waiting. We called the member and the family was getting ready to leave to San Antonio. We talked her into coming to the baptism first. Then because of the rain the power went out. The family arrived but the little girl did not want to get baptised and would not say why. We started the service and Elder Paz and I had a special musical number. We sang "When I am Baptised", the primary song. I sang part in English and he sang part in Spanish. It was really good but I was nervous. I was a little mad too because a less active member that was there was laughing as I was singing in English and really loud so that annoyed me but other people sad it was really good. Right before I baptised the first person the power came back on so kinda a miracle there. I baptised a girl Carlota, Micaela, and her two sons Herminio and Rosendo, and Elder Paz baptised another woman Romilia. We had 5 baptisms. That makes my total 14 baptisms in 6 months, 4 months in the field. That is pretty cool. Sunday, the son Rosendo was in another city with his uncle to buy a white shirt so he wasn't confirmed which was disappointing but in church we had 11 of my 14 recent converts there, it was cool. It was a pretty good week. Changes are this Wednesday but I won't know til tonight or tomorrow if I have changes. I kinda hope I do. It will be hard to say goodbye to the wonderful people here but I want to see other places. I will let you know what happens. I am planning to write Nana a letter. I really enjoy her letters and pictures. They are wonderful and uplifting. Your letters are the most uplifting. I love hearing about your week and I know you love me and support me so much. That is why you're the best mom ever. I love you Mom and send my love and hugs and kisses. Have a wonderful week and I'm already excited to write you next week. Love you more. Love Son

No comments:

Post a Comment