Monday, April 25, 2011

I leave for the field tomorrow, AAAHHH! - April 25, 2011

I can't believe I leave tomorrow. Six weeks have gone by here so fast, wow, it's been about two or 3 months since I began. Time is going by so fast. I think that it will go even faster in the field. My espaƱol has improved so much. I think the first couple days in the field will be scary but I will do OK. Just need faith and confidence. I really enjoy the letters from you and Nana and the family. They help a lot. Tomorrow I leave at 8am on a bus to Reu. It doesn't seem real. President Steimle of the CCM here has been so wonderful and helpful and I know President Maravilla will be great too. I can't believe you are still having white outs and snow. Your weather there is not improving. Sounds feo (ugly). I get to call you very soon, a week I think. I'm so excited for that and I get to finally send home some pics. Really excited for you to see some of them. I had to pack today and I really do not like it. I can't remember how I made it work before. Glad I don't have to fly though. That is awesome that you are going to the Philippines with the Beus'. I'm really jealous of the diving time you get. But I'm really glad. That will be lots of fun and I really like the Beus'. I hope you and them get my letters soon. Seems like they are taking a long time. I have had some good experiences this week, but I can't think of them all right now. I taught my last lessons here with Elder Dold on Saturday. Every time we taught our teachers have always commented on our incredible unity, that made me feel real good. When we are not teaching we get along but we bicker with each other a lot. I like Elder Dold and really like our teaching together. It has been good for me to try and do better. I try new things and be more Christlike everyday. My goal is to keep improving everyday and give my all to every min of my mission. I'm learning how to work with people better and how to be a more loving, patient person. I'm not saying that I'm not any of that right now but sometimes I could do better. I really do feel this mission is going to change me for the better into an amazing man and disciple of Christ. I'm really excited too because a lot of my friends here at the CCM live in Utah and attend BYU in Utah so we are planning a big reunion awesome get together after our missions. I have made some friends that I will have for life I think. I hope you are surviving the weather, it sounds really nasty. Glad I don't still have to be in that snow and cold, sorry. Hope you are doing well. The pool sounds like it's getting a great start. I'm going to have a lot to tell you about my first week in the field. It will be an experience for sure. Love it here and I am learning a lot of Spanish and about the gospel. How is your Spanish coming along? Love you so much and think about you and the family a lot. Keep you in my prayers and my thoughts. Oh can you mail me my Hymn Revival cd by The Lowered Lights and the Joseph Dream Coat cd that are in my room in the black cd sleeve I think. That music would be sweet. Let me know if you can. They can go to the mission home but don't write Elder on the package. Talk to you soon. Love you Mama.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment