Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Only Two Weeks Left in the CCM - April 13, 2011

I know you love me and I look forward to Wednesday so much. I sent you a letter but I will highlight a couple things. Our fieldtrip was to this giant map of Guatemala outside with scale size of mountains. I had no idea how tall some of the mountains are in my mission. I'm so excited to go there. Only 2 weeks left that's crazy. At the map we talked about rumored areas where Book of Mormon things happened. It was awesome. Next we went to a market and got to see all kinds of goodies and some different food. Last stop was a mall called Miraflores with a museum and a hill of earth right next to it. The hill is a ruin. The museum was way cool learning more about the old culture and ruins. Then we ate at the food court in the mall which was yummy, The mall was so nice, nicer then Utah's malls. Last Sunday we had 4 general authorities come. Our three area presidents and Elder Hinckley. It was so powerful to hear them speak. Heard some really good stories about some personal experiences Elder Hinckley had with his father President Hinckley. When his wife was almost passing away it was right around conference. President Hinckley said, " I cant go through conference if you pass away so hold on." She held on through both days of conference and then he had one last meeting she made it through. After the meeting he said, "OK now you can go and I will see you again." And she passed away. I loved listening to them and hearing how to be a better disciple of Christ and a missionary. I also got to meet my mission president. I don't know if I told you that. He was here with all the other presidents for training. He only speaks Spanish but I can tell he is so loving and awesome. I wanted him to take me with him that night. I can't wait to talk and work with him more he is awesome. I am doing much better this week. My Spanish is really improving. My teachers said that I really know a lot and I need to be more confident in myself. I appreciate your letter and the letters from family.It has really helped me. I feel the encouragement. I love you so much and I am excited for you to read my letter. Missionary Moms sounds great I want to hear more. I wrote to Jessica (sister) so give her the letter when you get it, also Nana, and Lois. Love you and miss you. I get to call you very soon too for Moms day, that's exciting. Love you Mom and look forward to more of your letters. I forgot to mention. If you or anyone sends me an actual letter, tell them to send it to my mission home. Also go to www.guatemalaccm.com for my CCM website and my picture with the people here.

No comments:

Post a Comment