Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One Week Left in the CCM - April 19, 2011

One week left in the CCM. That's crazy. I'm excited but scared at the same time. I think the first week might be pretty tuff. Sorry I'm writing today. They switched our pday this week with no notice so we can't tell any family. I'm doing really well. We had a meeting with President Steimle of the CCM and it was about Spanish. My Spanish according to the rating on the presentation is a lot better then I thought. Made me feel really good and confident. I really like President Steimle, he has a sailboat and knows how to sail. I really want to learn how to sail after my mission. Yesterday we went proselyting again. I can't explain how much better it was this time. I could understand people so much better then before and I could say more of what I wanted to say. I had more confidence and we were able to get 9 references. I heard a really good talk in one of our meetings on Sunday. The video was from Elder Bednar I think but I can't remember. It said that when we teach the gospel be yourself. I try to remind myself to do that but I need to make a better effort of it. I am here because I have the personality and skills to reach the hearts of people here and it's what they need. So I need to be my fun loving self and have my personality come out in every teaching appointment I have. Then I will really be affective because I'm me and I'm excited about my message and more personal and loving. I'm trying to develop better personal study habits, things I can do to remember more and get more out of it. Things are good though and I can't wait to write about my experiences in the field. Look out Guatemala here I come, and I am going to bring the gospel and the spirit. I love you so much Mom and I am excited to call you soon for Mama's Day. I keep you in my prayers and I am so grateful for your love and all your support. You really help me be lifted up and do better. I like that you are getting more involved with the gospel and the church. Makes me want to share more about families with the people here. I already do that, but I will do even more. Love you and think about you a lot. Hope the weather is better and you are being the wonderful mama I know you are. Talk to you soon, and from the field. YAY! Tell the family hi also.

No comments:

Post a Comment