Monday, May 2, 2011

First Week in the Field - May 2, 2011

My Pday is Monday. It has been a pretty good first week. My comp is Elder Card, an American from Washington. We are in Mazatenango, area Samayac. It is so hot here. I have never sweated this much in my life. I'm always drenched and it makes me not like glasses cause they slide on my face when I'm sweaty. My companion had his birthday today too. He is nice and we are trying to find our grove of working together. My house is nice, makes me think of a little cottage. We have a hot plate and little fridge and our sink is outside. My Spanish is improving but still needs lots of work. The second day here I ate or drank something that did not agree with me and in the middle of the night I started to lose stuff out of both ends of my body. The next day I was so tired and my whole body was sore. I got a blessing and slept a lot of the day but now I am fine. We taught a few lessons and one of our investigators came to church yesterday. Now we need to get him baptised. Yesterday we walked up a dirt road to church. It was good. Pretty nice building. We taught a lesson that night about the Doctrine of Christ and it went really well. We invited her to be baptised and she said she and her children already have in another church. We read Moroni 8 about no need to baptise children and we invited her and her family to church this coming Sunday, I hope they come. We are trying to baptise her by the 21st of this month. Things are pretty good. Just getting the hang of things and my way around. This is hard work, but it will be rewarding. Tell Nana and Grandpa happy birthday and give them a special Guatemala hug from me. Tell them I love them and think about them a lot. Their letters have been wonderful. I am interested to hear about your Cinco de Mayo. Glad you're doing well and the scuba trip sounds amazing. I want to go somewhere cool after my mission. I keep you in my prayers and I am so grateful for you. I love you so much Mom and I can't wait to talk to you on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment