Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mailed Letter Written April 6 & 7

Mama,

What an interesting week it has been. I can't remember if I told you this or not, but I ran out of email time so I will write this and an email next week. Only 3 weeks left. That's crazy to me, time is flying by. So Elder Ordonez was my Latin companion for meals and meetings. Elder Dold is my North American companion. He is from Washington. We do well with each other. So a typical day for me is wake up 6:30 for sports, usually volleyball or soccer. Desayono (breakfast) at 8:00, Personal study time 8:30-9:30, Companion study 9:30-10:30, Language study 10:30-11:30, Practica Espaniol y teaching 11:30-12:30, Almuerzo (lunch, which is always good same with dinner) 12:30-1:00. Class 1:00-5:00, Dinner, Teach investigators (teacher) 5:30-7:00, Class 7:00-9:00, Plan then quiet time 10:15, lights out at 10:30pm. Sundays are different with Priesthood and Sacrament. Sunday night we usually watch a church movie. I like it. On Saturday and Sunday we watched conference. The Latinos watched in one room in Espanol and we watched in the cafeteria on a projector. It was so good. I loved so many of the talks. I laughed a little when they kept talking about marriage and here I am on a mission where I can't think about that. I can't wait to read the talks. Lots talked about being an example which was good. I'm so proud you watched all 4 sessions. It is spiritual, uplifting, and does bless us. I have had some talks with my teachers about not getting discouraged because who knows what seeds you plant. Tuesday was awesome. We went on a trip to a topical map 15 minutes away from the CCM. The map was made a long time ago of Guatemala and it's huge. 100x100 and it showed mountains to scale. My mission has some of the biggest mountains and lots of low areas by the coast. Next we went to the market and saw a bunch of goods and food for sale and haggled for some trinkets. I got a cool red hoodie thing. Our last stop was this mall that was so incredible. We ate normal food not saying food here is bad cause I love it and gained 10 pounds, but I had Dominoes Pizza. There is a museum attached to the mall call Miraflores. They have a giant grass mound that's a ruin right in the middle. Awesome stuff about Myans. It was a great day. I got new Latino comps because the others are only here for 3 weeks. I got 2 more tonight besides Elder Dold. I didn't know you have been to different churches. I agree that the feelings are strong and can't be denied. I talked with some teachers and knowing the truth just comes with time, prayer, and study. I will know how I know in time. That's awesome you are enjoying the missionary moms. I can't think of what I would need. Maybe those socks with the copper wire for bacteria control, a pair or two, and some gummy bears. Also maybe a pocket English only dictionary and some clear page protectors for my binder. But I'm ok with only letters and I want more thoughts from friends and family. That was nice. So today is now the 7th. This letter is taking 2 days to write. Tonight I met my mission president at the CCM. He only speaks Espanol but he is way awesome. He is loving and funny. I am so excited to go serve with him. I wanted him to take me tonight. I really look forward to meeting him more. I also had the opportunity to give my first blessing to someone. One of my roommates was sick and they asked me to do it. It was in English but I really enjoyed it. It was powerful. I look forward to seeing the miracles more of these blessing can do. I forgot to tell you two things. In between conference sessions something funny but embarrassing happened to me. We were outside playing hackie sak, about five of us. The wind blew and I felt something fall on my shoulder. I looked to see what the wind blew on me and guess what? It was bird poo. POO! No birds were in the sky and I got pooped on. How silly. On Wednesday we went to the temple and I did a session in Espanol. It was pretty awesome. I could say a few things on my own. But I needed a bit of help here and there. I love you so much Mom and appreciate all your support and help. I'm eternally grateful you are my Mama. Best Mama ever. I will write again soon and share more experiences.

Love,
Elder Cox (your son)

P.S. I am including a couple other letters if you could get them to the right people I would appreciate that. Love you, again.

Oh, I also thought of a tie rack that might be nice. It has a hanger then many hooks for your ties and it spins.

No comments:

Post a Comment