Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Snow in Utah - March 30, 2011

Snow that is crazy. The weather here is sunny and beautiful. I love it. The temple was so pretty, small but pretty. It was an English session and was very nice. This week on Monday we got to go out with our Latino companion and proselyte. It was an interesting experience. I couldn't understand a lot of what was being said and couldn't really say what I wanted all I could do was share my testimony, so I got a bit frustrated. We went a second time on Monday an hour later with different companions and got no referrals that time. I got really down with myself because I couldn't understand or speak as much as I wanted and I was not as outgoing as I should have been. It really hit me hard. Last night was a great devotional talk we watched from Elder Bednar. It was on understanding the doctrine and how the doctrine is the answer to everything. After that, in class our teacher had us write a letter to someone we know inactive or nonmember about how we know the Book of Mormon is true. I believe it's true but I couldn't think of how or write anything. It really depressed me. This week has been the hardest time for me. I feel inadequate with Spanish and the Gospel. I really need to trust in the Lord more. I'm trying to be more positive today and study the doctrine better and pray for help, really rely on the Lord. I'm very excited for conference this Saturday and Sunday. I invite you to watch conference with Nana and Grandpa or Lois and Milt, or even by yourself but to watch it. Then we can share in a letter some of the things we really liked or learned. I love you and know that I am growing and learning so much about myself. I know our family is so blessed. I got Nana's letters which were very nice. That's awesome that you know someone who taught Jessica Stevens. Love you and will keep you and family in my prayers. Say hi to sister and family. Tell them I love them and am going to work more hard. Love the letters. Really love you and hope you are doing great, minus the snow. Look forward to your next letter. They really help.

No comments:

Post a Comment