Wednesday, March 23, 2011

First Week in Guatemala - March 23, 2011

It has been wonderful here. My Spanish is improving by leaps and bounds now because many people here at the CCM only speak Spanish so I get lots of experience. I also have a Latino companion from Central America that I spend all my time with when I´m not in class with my American companion. I really like him. His name is Elder Ordoñez from Honduras. I also get to teach English to a Latin missionary here everyday for 30 mins so that has been pretty cool. We get dearelders on Thur and that's it. Kinda a bummer when we go from getting them everyday to one day that's after our pday. The food is the best stuff I have had, it´s so good. Thanks for selling my car that is a good deal. I think I have an online account with Geico because I signed up for emails. But I'm not sure if I can remember the exact password. Might have to think on it and write you later. New bishop sounds awesome. Have you been reading the Book of Mormon? I'm glad the screening wasn't serious and they were able to take out the small spot. Hope you two and Jessica are doing well. I have not got anything from family yet but dearelders come tomorrow so we'll see. Not a bad idea explaining to people how to use it. Snow sounds gross. Here it's in 70s usually and blue skys, so pretty and warm. One day of sudden downpour of rain then stopped which was crazy. Love my teachers and the people here. Meeting awesome people and getting wonderful experiences teaching in Espanol. They said I'm doing really good and in a couple weeks if I keep working hard I can be with the group of new Latinos speaking Spanish. I had a day of struggle were I wasn't sure if my Spanish was good and I was having a hard time recognizing if I am teaching with the spirit often. But the next day and today are much better. I just smile, work hard, be myself, and trust in the Lord. I Remember why I'm here. I want to try and send pictures soon but I don't know if I can while at the CCM. I love you so much and love hearing from you. I can't wait to share more of my experiences with you this next week. I go to the Guatemala temple today so you know I will tell you about that. Which reminds me, last week we got to go to the temple grounds, directly across the street, and talk with people there in Spanish. It was way awesome, the majority of them were from El Salvador and took a 5 hour bus ride to get here. Makes me feel very blessed that we have so many temples so close to us. I love it. I love you very much and will keep challenging you. I am going to try and write Jessica Stevens again because I have not heard from her yet and it would be nice. I really love hearing from you and will let you know what letters I get tomorrow the next time I can write. Love you very much, your son.

No comments:

Post a Comment