Monday, March 14, 2011

Time is Ticking Away - March 9, 2011

I have less then a week here. Can you believe it? We got our travel information this last week. On March 15 we report to the travel office at 630pm. We leave the SLC airport at 945pm and fly to LAX then go from LAX to Guatemala and arrive there at 526am. So early. That is going to be a long day. I have been doing great. Learning lots and lots. I'm working harder at teaching better with the Spirit because I have seen the incredible difference it can make. My companions and I taught our teacher as an investigator. His name was Hermano Andres. He is an old man whose wife died a year ago. This was our third meeting. We taught about the Book of Mormon. This lesson was so different from our previous lessons. I really felt the spirit as we taught. We worked better as a trio, which is really difficult working as a trio, everything just flowed from one person to the next. We smiled a lot and really felt a love for Andres. We committed him to reading some chapters from the Book of Mormon and to prepare to be baptized. He accepted our commitments and I felt so happy and amazing. I want to be able to experience that every time I teach. The joy and love were so incredible during that lesson. I will try and do that more. Spanish is coming along very well. I was impressed how well you did translating that purpose of a missionary. A couple parts were a little off but the main point was there. Hope you are having fun on your cruise and that Jessica is doing better. I love you all so much. I don't know if i will be able to check my email again before I leave. But I can still get dearelders. Tell Holly thanks for the letter it was very nice. The MTC is great and I love the people here. I hope you are reading from the Book of Mormon every day. If not I challenge you again. I love you so much Mom and family. You are in my prayers. I'm really learning who I am and my personal relationship to Heavenly Father. I have loved all the food here and eat a lot but haven't really gained any weight. I think I got one or two pounds on me since I've been here. I eat really healthy here but I feel like I'm eating all the time. I am going to try and send a few pictures soon so you can see my companions and friends. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment