Wednesday, March 2, 2011

First Week In MTC - March 2, 2011

I am used to my first name of Elder. The hard part is not saying "guys", we refer to groups as elders. Also in my district there is a Elder Jensen who has become my good friend. When I'm close to him and someone says his name I have a hard time not looking in that direction and responding. That is awesome the info on the MTC. I love it here. Each meal I drink one glass of 2% milk, one glass of choc milk, and one glass of delicious juice. I eat very healthy and always feel full. I feel like I am always eating. When it is time for the next meal I think, "What? I just ate." My district and branch is so wonderful. Everyone is so nice and I found out many people have a similar background to me so that makes me feel more comfortable here. I did get your letter saying I have been here for a couple days. I wrote you a letter and hope you receive it soon. I will share some things that are in it now. I was called to be district leader for our group of 9 missionaries. It was a little scary cause I have never had a calling and I want to do well. but I love it so far and am learning a lot. Yo amo mi distrito. The district presidency said it was an obvious choice and they believe in me. Spanish is coming along very well. All my prayers are in Spanish, I am working at being able to say more during my prayers but the main stuff is there is Spanish. I also am able to bear my testimony in Spanish, need some more vocab but its coming along. I can say my purpose as a missionary in English and Spanish. There have been some very powerful spiritual experiences here and during meetings. I want to get more and learn all I can. I leave in 13 days for Guatemala, Crazy! but excited. Oh, one of my companions that's going to Gua Retalhuleu, one of two besides myself, knows Jamen. He went to school with him. Elder Andrew Meoño. What a small world. I Love you very much and keep you in my prayers. I challenge you to read the Book of Mormon every day. Keep me updated about Jessica and tell her I love her very much too. She will be in my prayers also. Yo sé que este el Evangelio puede bendiga nuestro familia. Yo sé que Dios ama nos. (think is might have done that part a little wrong). Yo sé que Jesucristo es nuestro el Salvador y nuestro amigo. Yo sé que el libro de Mormón es la palabra de Dios y otros testimonio de Jesucristo. I love you so much and hope you are doing well. Look forward to hearing from you again soon. P.S. my P day is on Wed right now so that is the only time I can check my email, but I can read hard copy letters or dearelder.com letters every night. Love you more!

No comments:

Post a Comment