Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm in Guatemala - March 16, 2011

Hola mi familia! I made it safely to Guatemala. The flight was so early. It is beautiful here and I really love it. The mission home is awesome. The temple is right outside our window, so close I can walk there in less then 5 mins. The mission home is way awesome too. I love the food here. I had delicious eggs this morning with yummy fruit smoothie drink, bread, ham, bacon, and porage stuff that is orchata I think, it was very delicious. Lunch was once again delicious. Rice, broccoli, salad, and a really good chicken with a pineapple glaze sauce. We sat next to two Latin missionaries from Central America and they only spoke Spanish. I tried to understand them, and I got some words but there was a lot that went over my head. Every one speaks so quickly here and they speak Spanish pretty much all the time. Which is awesome cause I will really learn it quickly this way. I have a American companion here for my classes and some meetings and then a Latin companion for the rest of the time. Pday is still wed so that is when I can check email and write home. The address here in case you need it is Boulevard Vista Hermosa 23-71, zona 15 Vista Hermosa 1. Guatemala, Guatemala C.A. I love you very much and will try to send pictures home very soon of Provo MTC and here in Guatemala. The weather is beautiful here and so is the country, at least what I have seen so far, so I am very excited to see more of the country and grow to love the country and the people more. I'm really glad I got to see you yesterday and loved talking to you. I agree about looking forward to getting a closer relation with you through letters. Hopefully Nana and Grandpa will be able to get me dear elders here without problems. Tell the family and the Beus's hi and that I love them. Take care and I will keep you all in my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment