Monday, February 28, 2011

First Letter - February 24, 2011

Mi familia I love you. It is awesome here. I have two companions. Both are going with me to Retalhuleu. Elder Heaps is from St. George. He is 19 years old. Elder Menon is 24 and from Bountiful. Elder Meono's dad is from San Marco Guatemala, that's really cool. I wonder if Delores Jasmer, my Spanish teacher, knows his family? Mission president is great. Zone leaders are friendly and wonderful. I meet with Branch President tonight and I am excited about that. The food is wonderful. I get fruits, veggies, main dish, and all the juice and chocolate milk I want. I love it. The spirit is strong here and I have seen the importance of having it to teach and learn. I am working harder to have it. Want to hear my purpose as a missionary in Spanish? Here it is. Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo al ayudarlas a que reciban el evangelio restaurado mediante la fe en Jesu Cristo y Su expiacion, el arrepentimiento, el bautismo la recepcion del don del Espiritu Santo y perseverar hasta el fin. Learned today how to testify in Spanish too. If you can't figure out what I said then I can tell you, but I want to see if you can figure it out. Things are going well here. I'm happy and I'm learning lots. Next time I write I might be able to do most of it in Spanish, we'll see. I want to tell you how much I love you and appreciate you. I want to say I know this work will bless our family and strengthen us. I love my district presidency. President Krueger called me as a senior companion for a week here at the MTC and on top of that he called me to be the district leader. He says he knows I will do great as a missionary and a leader. It's a little stressful cause there is lots of info and its very new but I'm excited and I pray for help. One of the wifes of the district presidency said she knows I'll do great. Learning lots of Spanish muy rapido but I like it. Love you all again, and I will write next Wednesday on P-day.
Love,
Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment