Monday, January 7, 2013

7 Weeks Left - January 7, 2013


Still no package. I talked with the post office this last week to track where it is. I think tomorrow I will be able to hear where it is at. No package for my comp yet either. I did however get a package of letters. I loved them so much. Sister's letter was so cute. I miss my sister and I’m very excited to hang out with her when I get home. I love all the letters from the family, thank you so much. I did get another letter from dad. He said he is sad that I’m finishing my mission because there will be no more blog and he will not know what is going on in my life. Last Monday I got a form to fill out for my return trip. I gave it to the office this last week so I think I will get travel information next week but I’m not really sure. I know it will be very soon. It has been colder here too. I can’t believe that there is no new snow there but it is freezing cold. Crazy Utah weather. The dinner sounds so good. I can’t wait to eat stuffed mushrooms and clam chowder and many other soups. I’m excited to play games with everyone. So fun. That is so amazing for Connie and Mike. I’m very happy for them. I would love to be there for the sealing, it would be very special to me. Great Grandma was in the hospital? I did not know that. I hope she is doing better. I sent her a letter last week. Hope that helps bring some happiness. I will keep her in my prayers. I love Great Grandma. I was helping our district President yesterday and saw an email about a devotional the first Sunday in March. It will be by Elder Bednar. I thought yay! I will be home for that my first Sunday home. Can’t believe how fast that is coming. This week was good. For New Year’s Eve we went to a member’s house and had a good family home evening then ate and did fireworks it was fun. This week also had some sadness. The Grandma of our branch president passed away. We went to do service and help. So many people came to support the family. It was hard. I gave a talk about life and death. It was good I thought. I talked about how Christ can help us in these hard times because of his atonement. He knows how we feel and how to help us. Death is necessary and a part of life. We feel sorrow because we feel so much love for the person. They are in paradise and we will have a great reunion together one day. The family was crying and as I watched them outside the room of the casket I thought about the tomb of Jesus Christ and how the women came crying to see him, but an angel said he is not here he is resurrected like he said. It was really sad. I gave a big hug to our President and I got emotional during the hug, I feel for the family. We helped carry the casket a long way to the cemetery and up a hill. It was so heavy. Another thought came to my mind. It was the words take up thy cross and follow me. That was a cross that was heavy to bear but there is hope and help from Christ. I am so grateful for my family. I love them so much. They are a big part of my life. I am also so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. That knowledge helps when we lose someone close to us. I love my Savior and all he did for me. The mission has taught me so much. Thank you again for all the emails, the dearelders, and the letters in the package these are all treasures for me. I have learned a lot and know I have much more to learn. I anxiously look forward to our reunion in 7 weeks, wow 7 weeks! Love you with all my heart Mom. You’re the best. Stay healthy and happy.
Love your baby boy

No comments:

Post a Comment