Monday, January 14, 2013

Reading the Old Testament - January 14, 2013


I could not pass by the post office again to ask about the package. My comp got his. It was a package with letters and pics from his girlfriend.  No travel info yet but I hope it comes soon. Wow it really was a major storm. When was the last time it stormed like that? I’m glad I was not there that would be terrible to drive in. I’m glad Scott is happy though for more opportunities to use his snow blower. I’m curious to hear what he named it. Maybe it was his fault that all the snow came hahaha. How come Grandpa does not have a snow blower? He should have one. I think he would like one a lot. I’m glad Grandma Davis is doing better. I have a card for her but the post office is not open when I go by there. I will try today. Wow Jess and Jaime are getting weapon permits, that is crazy. I would love to go shooting again when I get home. I liked when we went. Free ladies day is way cool. There are 5 missionaries leaving this week and 27 coming. That is a lot. I really hope I stay in Rio Blanco and end here. I still remember the airport, it was lovely haha. Can’t believe only 6 weeks left. That is so fast. This year I made the goal to read the Old Testament because I have never read all of it. I have a goal I would like to do before I go and that is I’m trying to read the Old Testament before I go. Not sure if I will do it because it is really big but right now I’m in Leviticus 15. So it is possible. I was reading in Leviticus and it talks all about the tabernacle that Moses had in the desert. I was trying to learn new things from all that it talks about the furniture and everything. I found some cool stuff. After sacrificing an animal they would put some of the blood on the right ear, right thumb, and right big toe. But why? Well it is to symbolize that they will hear the word of God, do and walk according to their commandments. Next I was wondering about the horns that are on the alter. They put blood on the horns. But why horns? Listen to this. The horns symbolize power because most animals with horns are very strong. In Luke 1:69 it says that Christ is the horn of salvation. The blood in the sacrifices symbolizes the atoning blood of Christ, and the horn symbolizes Christ and his power to redeem and save. How cool was my personal study of the Old Testament. I love the scriptures. I love the gospel and I really love my Savior Jesus Christ. I still have a lot to learn and improve but I’m trying and growing a lot. I love you Mom and I’m preparing a giant hug for when I see you. I pray that you are safe, happy, and healthy. Continue to read the Book of Mormon. It is a great book and helps with everything. Well Mom I can’t wait to talk to you next week. Take care and know that I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment