Monday, January 28, 2013

Change of Companions - January 28, 2013


Hola mi amorosa Madre! Wow sounds like lots of crazy news back home. I feel bad for Dave. His grandmother and then his grandfather. I send him all my love and support. The firing range sounds very fun and I would love to do that. I heard about the ice rain. That sounds absolutely crazy. I cannot believe the weather that Utah is having. Ice everywhere and lots of snow. It sounds like it all came a bit late and is going to stick around for a while. I can’t believe what the pioneers did either. Truly amazing people. Nana and Grandpa are also amazing with all their service and love. So here a lot has happened. Changes were last week and we were happy there was none here, that Elder Guerra would be my last comp. We get along really well and have fun. Well Tuesday the office called and said Elder Guerra has emergency changes. It was super sad and he cried at lunch when I told him. He really didn´t want to leave here and didn’t want to have a different comp. They sent him to the heat of Tikisate. I got a new comp Elder Fernandez. We had these changes because Elder Fernandez and I are going to organize Rio Blanco and another area called Serchil into a zone and we need to determine where they will put more missionaries and where we will have our meetings. It will be lots of work to get everything ready for March when we are a zone and have 12 missionaries. So I called the post office about my packages. The package that Nana sent in June was signed for by the office in July and your package was signed for in November. So the packages that I thought the post office had somewhere are in the office. But there is bad news that made me very upset. I called the office and no one can find them. They told me they looked but found nothing and they are sorry. That is not a good answer to me. They were responsible and lost it and that is money and things from my family. I’m going to write President about it today. Who knows what will happen. What did you send in the package? This week we went to Chorjale in our area and heard there is a shortcut. We decided to try it for the first time. Turns out the short cut is go down a very steep mountain side that has no trail and is pretty much sliding and falling down the mountain. I got super dirty and don’t know how we made it down. Next it’s cross a river and go up another mountain that is steep and crazy. As I was going down the mountain I felt like Bear Grylls from the discovery channel, but in a shirt and tie. Then when we reached the top it was a long walk. I don’t think we will us that path again. We did have a baptism Saturday. I was so happy to see the change in him. I know his daughters are so much happier than I am. His wife is not a member and when we talked she said she couldn’t go but the day of the baptism she came. I was filled with so much joy. The water was ice cold. After I was talking with Romulo and he said the water was freezing but after he came out of the water he felt a heat in his body. He shared a great testimony saying how grateful he is for Elder Guerra and myself. Sunday he also shared a great testimony. I now want to teach his wife and other son that is not a member. After the baptism we had our Book of Mormon activity. Many members came. We did a word search I made and the members really loved it, it was challenging. Then we did two teams that answered trivia questions of the Book of Mormon. Then I gave the certificates that I made for reading the book in 3 months. 12 people finished reading and get ready for this, one is not a member. We need to teach her for sure. The last game was balloons filled with parts of a scripture. Each team searched for their color and when they popped the balloons without using their nails they assembled the scripture and said where is the reference. Our team won. Each person that finished the Book of Mormon gets a scripture case with their name and a pic on it. It should be really good. I’m very happy. Yesterday the office called me for something else. Only one missionary is coming in Feb so there is no change meeting. That will be very different for me. They gave me the option to stay 3 weeks more for the next change meeting but I said no thanks my mom would kill me hahaha. No I’m ready for Feb. Can’t believe how fast it is going. I get travel plans this week so I will let you know as soon as I know. Love you Mom so much and I’m getting extremely excited to see you in 5 weeks. Stay safe and happy. Tell all the family I love them.
Love your baby boy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment