Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Aunt Holly - September 3, 2012

I have gotten the dearelders completely. Sometimes I don’t get half of one cause it was not brought with the other mail but I get them. I love your endings every time. The Brigham City Temple open house sounds so amazing. I wish I could see it. But I will go when I get home and it will be even better because I will see Nana and Grandpa as workers. It always amazes me how many people they expect at the open houses. It truly is a great opportunity for the church. I’m really happy for Connie and that is so wonderful that the kids fit right in. I pray that she gets to keep them. I am going to bring them a little surprise when I get home. My goodness this pool keeps getting better and better. I am so excited for the time when I get to just relax by the pool and listen to music and swim laps to get looking super fit. haha. The Zigich family pool party sounds like a true success. I’m glad they all loved the pool and more the company. That is a great thing about the pool, that the family can come together and have fun. That is scary how low your blood sugar got. However, the good side is that you got to enjoy all the food. Crazy that your levels got so low though. Thank you for sending the pics for Great Grandma and Nana. I wanted to send some pics in my last letter I wrote them but I was not able to do it in time. I have some pics to send though. You sending them for me is much easier and faster though. I can’t believe you have not got the card yet. That really bothers me. I hope you get it soon. We worked hard on the things inside. Still no word on David's or Nana's package. I am talking with the office about sending someone to Guat to pick up one of my packages there. Not sure if it is David’s or Nana’s. I keep asking them to keep an eye out for my packages. I don’t know if I told you but when we had interviews last week Hermana Maravilla told us because we baptized a family she had promised to send a little gift package for us so I’m excited and honored to get that from her. This last Monday I had an interesting adventure. About ten of us missionaries have bought little dart guns and on Mondays we are nerds and have dart wars in a members house playing with the 20 year old son. It is funny and we all really enjoy it. Well last Monday someone was running into a room and the door was closed. As he pushed on the door trying to open it he did not see the class window on the door and his hand went through it cutting his hand. Well my comp and I went to the hospital with him to get stitches. Well I had an interesting experience in the hospital that worried me. We were there and I was watching the Dr lift up the huge flap of skin and clean it and put a needle in it to numb it. Things started getting really hot. Next thing I know the room started to get fuzzy dark. I knew what was happening so I decided to sit down and kinda slid down the wall to a sitting position. I got super pale and sweaty for a few mins. My comp and the other guy were laughing with me after I felt normal again. I have no idea why I passed out. I have not had that problem before in my classes and work. It really scared me because this is my career field. I started to second guess myself. What if I can’t do it? I know I cannot think of it now and that when I get home I will work it out.  However, all that day I was really disappointed and sad. In other news I don’t have Holly's address so I need you to tell her from me with much love HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I wanted to write her a letter and send her a pic but I don’t have the address. So please tell her from me I didn’t forget and I wish her a happy day and lots of love. In the mission we have a thing called the Successful zone. Well this last month we were almost the successful zone, but we are only a district so that was really cool to hear. I really love the members here. We have been putting our area goal of baptisms in the houses of all the members to say that this is not our goal as missionaries but our goal as the Rio Blanco Branch. I hope it helps us work with them more. It's been kinda a hard week. I can truly see the difference in working with members. Contacting for our own methods is not successful at all. I have hope that we will find more people to teach cause we need them and that they will keep their commitments. Another good thing is that our church attendance has gone up every week since we have been here. There were a few members that were not able to come this week, otherwise we would have broke 50. Our goal for attendance is 75. I’m starting to get the mountain cheeks. That is a thing that is very common here. Your cheeks are red from all the sun. But I love the mountains here and it is so pretty. We are planning another activity in 2 weeks. It is a movie night for our branch. We are going to watch How Rare a Possession. Have you seen it? I bought it. It is so good. It is about Parley p Pratt and an Italian that finds a Book of Mormon and it changes his life. We will watch it together. Well Mom I want to tell you that I’m doing great. I love the mission and I’m trying to learn so much and really improve myself. I love you with all my heart and the mission has really confirmed my gratitude for you. I thank you for all that you do for me and especially your love. I love the family and want them all to know that they are special to me and I plan on giving a big hug and kiss to each of them when I get back. Until next week. It will come around so fast again. 
Love your baby boy, J

No comments:

Post a Comment