Monday, August 27, 2012

Hit the 18 Month Mark - August 27, 2012

I can’t believe it has been 18 months already. My goodness how fast the time is passing. I love the comments I got about passing the 18 month mark. I love Tyson, and David really made me laugh with the baby boy comment. Our activity was so successful. We refused to start on Guatemala time (late) so at 4 with only a few people there we started and pretty much everyone missed the spiritual part. Then we played games. We had Qúe Pasaría, everyone writes whatever question and then you pass it around the circle and someone answers the next question then when you get your question back you read it with the answer to the other question it is funny. We played bowling with pop bottles but you have to kick a ball instead of using your hands. Last we played bingo. I was in charge of bingo. No one has really played it. I liked it a lot. A few times I called a letter like x or other letters not on the bingo paper and everyone would look down and search then look around confused and I would tell them it was a joke. I thought that was pretty funny. Then we had a small chicken dinner. The church was filled with more than a hundred people and about 50 nonmembers. Everyone said it was so fun and they have never seen an activity as successful or good as that. The only bad part was at the end of the activity I started getting a really bad headache and I threw up. I laid on the floor while they cleaned up then went straight home and slept. I felt bad cause after there was a branch meeting for a birthday and everyone went except us. But I needed the sleep and felt much better the next day. On Friday we went to San Marcos for interviews with President. I love talking with him. We had a great talk and he is proud of what I’m doing in Rio Blanco. That night we had a fireside with him. It was incredible! He talked about how we can help teach so investigators have a hunger. We talked about prayer and focus, desires, and the spirit. It was so powerful. I learned a lot. I can really feel the love that President has for me. I thought about something that made me feel so grateful and wonderful. I know how much President Maravilla loves me, I know how much my family loves me, how much my friends love me. If all of them love me so much then Christ loves me so so much. I can feel His love through the love of those close to me. We are planning another activity for next month. It is a movie night and we will watch How Rare a Possession. It is about the Book of Mormon and it is so good. I bought it from the distribution center. When I get the dear elders they are in bunches but it is about every other week more or less. Still no news about the package from Nana. I talked with the office about sending someone to get my package from Guatemala that is held there. I can’t believe you have not got your letter yet. My comp and I are very anxious for you to get it. That is cool that Camden is becoming a better swimmer. The pool party would be awesome with the Zigich family. You will have to let me know how that goes. I want to see a picture of the completed pool. I’m loving the mission and I’m happy. Can’t wait to hug you though and tell you more about the mission. I love you so much. I love your letters. Thank you Mom for those and for everything you have done for me. Your support of me going on a mission and being in the mission have been lifesaving. I hope you have a wonderful week. I imagine your long weekend will just be chilling at the pool. I’m a little jealous. Love you Mom and send all my prayers and love to you.
Your baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment