Monday, September 17, 2012

Independence Day - September 17, 2012

We did not have any changes in all of our district. That is very nice. I want to stay here till I end. My week was good. I finished the New Testament a couple weeks ago and that was awesome reading it in Spanish. I also finished reading a book called Believing Christ. That book is so good. It talks about the atonement and really made me think of it in a better way and learn more about grace. I highly suggest reading it. We were in a store this week and I saw a jar of peanut butter hidden on the counter. I asked the lady if she sells it or where she bought it. She said it was from family but they don’t really eat it. So she gave the 2lb jar with only less than a third used, for FREE! I could not believe her kindness. What a nice lady. I love the peanut butter. I had another strange experience. We were walking home one night and this car was headed right for us. It stopped and it was a guy we knew that is not a member. He said he needed help and wanted us to get in his pickup with his wife and kid. We got in to help him. He said they had locked their dog up in their barn to protect the cows but they found the dog free outside their door. They feared that they have a cow thief. We went and the wife and guy carried machetes and we carried lights. Turns out the dog had got free from the rope and everything was fine thank goodness. It was a strange adventure once again. On Saturday it was the Independence Day here. We saw a couple parades of the marching bands of all the schools here. Then we played basketball with a couple members. Well I was wide open and ran to the basket and decided to slam dunk it. Well I dunked it and hung on for a minute not really thinking about it much. Turns out the hoop is old and I bent the whole basketball frame. I felt super bad and stood on some chairs to bend it back. Had no idea about my own strength haha. I was told that they got one of my packages from Guatemala. I think it is David’s but not sure yet. Have no idea where Nana’s is yet. Hope it gets here soon. Yesterday we taught an investigator that has read the Book of Mormon once and is now in 2 Nephi 24 for the 2nd time. Yet she still will not get baptized. It is fear of her family. They are giving her a hard time for investigating. Her son crashed his bike pretty bad a couple weeks ago and the family said that is a punishment for investigating. It is really sad and I hope she feels the Spirit and has the courage to do what is right. We are having a hard time getting new investigators and having people progress right now. I know we can do it though. Our activity movie night is this week and I hope it is good. Elder Jacobson is funny. I know him a little bit. That is a great scripture. I will think about Christmas things. I’m so happy you are going to the temple dedication. I want to hear all about it. I know it will be amazing. I am so excited for General Conference in a couple weeks. I am getting ready. Shortly after conference Elder Escobedo my comp goes home. That is sad. I want to meet my twin haha. That is crazy. I bet that was kinda hard for you. I would talk in your ward. I want to talk in the Syracuse ward also cause I love all them. I was also thinking that I would go to your ward. I really love everyone in Syracuse and I will go see them often but yours is closer and that would be nice. That food sounds amazing that Crispin is cooking. I want to cook more when I get home. I want Grandpa to teach me about gardening and Nana to teach me to make some amazing things. I bet you are very dark. You have to send me a pic. I still can’t get over how dark you are in the pic of you and I on the 4 wheeler years ago. I bet you are very dark though even if you don’t think so. All you can eat shrimp sounds so good. Get as much pool time in as you can. I can’t wait to go swimming with everyone. I’m sure I will lose track of a lot of time. Mom I love you and really love your letters. You are the best and I’m glad you are doing great right now. I am honored to be your son and love you with all my heart. I have so much respect for all you did for our family and all you have been through. You are truly amazing. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment