Monday, September 10, 2012

Tear Gas - September 10, 2012

This was a very interesting week. I can now say that I ran through TEAR GAS! That’s right tear gas. We went to the temple on Friday because a family that Elder Escobedo baptized in another area was getting sealed. We got in a bus at 4am and when we were in Xela we got stopped because a road was closed. There were so many people in the streets. As we were walking this long street we heard a small bang and everyone started running towards us. We kept walking and one area was very smokey. Well that smoke was tear gas. I walked through tear gas and it started to burn my throat. As we were walking we saw about 40 police in formation in complete riot gear with shields and smoke guns. It was crazy and I have never been in anything like that. Well we made it to the temple. The session was amazing and I learned some new things. It was good to remember my covenants again. After the session we went to the sealing and I think that is the first actual sealing I have seen. It was so great. I really loved when the little girl came in with her little baby brother. The little girl looked so great in her white dress. I was feeling great and very happy to be a part of that. After we went to lunch at a place called San Martine. I had a delicious Monte Cristo sandwich, a Santa Fe salad, and tortilla soup. It was so amazing I stuffed myself. Then I treated myself with Tortuga brownies, brownies covered in vanilla ice cream and caramel and nuts. I was in heaven and really thought about food from home. I got a cardigan and a purple and gray striped sweater last week and everyone here really loves them. I will have to send a pic. Still no card yet? I still have neither of the packages. Lame! Wednesday is changes and tonight they let people know. I hope I don’t have changes. I want to finish here in Rio Blanco or at least the mountains. That’s kinda crazy what sis heard from Jennifer. I like Jennifer and want to visit her and her family when I get home. Crazy things happening but I know what I have to do for these last six months. It will go by so fast I can’t let it escape me. Thank you for always being there. Peach Days sounds so amazing. I miss the family and the Dutch oven dinner. I’m really happy that Connie's kids fit right in place. That is not fun that you got sick. I hope you are feeling better. David wrote me and told me that he went to a convention for USANA and they gave all 9000 people a free Ipad. Crazy! I think when I’m home I want to use some of the USANA health stuff. I love you and am glad you are enjoying the pool. Get as much time in as you can before the weather goes bad. I really look forward to swimming everyday and playing in the pool. I love you Mom and I’m sending a letter to Corinne. I hope you have a wonderful week. I keep you in my prayers and I’m so grateful for your love and support. It really makes me feel like the luckiest son in the world and helps strengthen me. I look forward to writing you next week. You have my hugs and kisses all the way from Guatemala. LOVE YOU MOM!
Your baby boy

No comments:

Post a Comment