Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter - April 7, 2012

Happy Easter! No Easter celebrations and no April Fools' jokes either. However this week has been Semana Santa here. We were out to take a fridge to one of the hermanas houses and almost all of the streets were closed. For Semana Santa they put colored sawdust on the streets and right in front of the hermanas house I saw them starting to put the sawdust on the street. It was kinda cool. This week the mission had a Book of Mormon marathon, to read it in less then 36 hours. We in the office read for six hours and got to Jacob. In the office we got paused for a bit cause one of the elders was sick but I'm going to continue and try and read all of it. It is pretty exciting. That is awesome that you listened to conference in the car. I loved the quote "Stop It" also. I also really liked the talk from President Eyring, once again I felt like I was listening to Grandpa, in the midst of our challenges are many blessings. The Lord had many trials for me so I can pass through much smaller trials for the Lord. During the talk from David S. Baxter I thought about you and our family a lot. It makes me appreciate you and all you did even more. You did the work of 2 people alone. That is really hard. But in your years you will be blessed for the work you did raising two kids on your own. During this talk I got a thought that I completely agree with. My achievements are accredited to you. You're my mom and taught me many things. From our experiences I have become who I am today. I know there are so many blessings from eternal families and I'm glad that we are one. I also want the best with my own family and be the best dad for them, I think there is a strong desire and goal of that because I don't want them to grow up without a dad. You have helped teach me a lot of things about always being there for your family and supporting them even when things appear impossible. I love you Mom, thank you. What were some other things you liked from conference? I can imagine they were giving you some strange looks when you stopped for a potty break in flip flops and pool warm weather clothes. Makes me think of when I went for my scuba class with Jessica to Blue Lake. We woke up in the morning to go diving. Put on wet, cold, wetsuits which was really hard got to the parking lot and were waiting for the others in the snow. They canceled because of the snow so we were kinda bummed especially because we woke up and went through the trouble of getting ready. I got a pic of me in my wetsuit outside in the snow. As we were coming home we stopped at the Crater near Park City and we ran to the building carrying our gear in only swimsuits. When we were done diving there it was still snowing and I had to carry the things to the car. It was very cold in just my swim trunks and flip flops. I changed into my sweats so fast in the parking lot. That's a bummer that is was bad weather still the first day and you couldn't really do much other then sleep and chill around the hotel. However, I would not mind a day of sleep and nothing haha. Laying by the pool sounds so nice. I'm glad Nana and Grandpa could enjoy that time with you also. I wanted to lay by a pool today so bad. It was really hot. I will be anxiously awaiting good weather when I get home to use our pool. One time I thought for a moment about when I come home. I thought sweet the pool will be done and I can have a pool party. But then I remembered, wait it will be February that will not work hahah. Utah is still crazy. No snow, than an inch, than it is gone the next day. I think that is funny and awesome at the same time that they know you by name at the hotel. I like going places where they remember my name. I think even though you have a pool you will still make a couple trips to St. George. They have fun plays to go to that you can't get here but it will be hard to leave the pool that is just outside our door. I think that Jessica going back to WSU for automotive would be such an amazing decision and opportunity. Take advantage of the time she already spent there. I believe that would improve her future so much. I always liked talking about Jessica being in the automotive program. She is super smart and with a degree from there and being a girl she will get much better opportunities. Do you think because there is only one girl in the program that Jessica could get help financially, a scholarship or something like that? That is very kind that Jaime is working to help Jessica go to school. I love sis and want the best for her. So I highly support her in this. I bet she will have fun in Denver. Probably more fun when I drove there with Mason for spring break and we slept in a tent in a field behind some houses. We did not do anything there. The zoo and a baseball game sound a lot more fun then my Denver trip experience. I hope Jessica does not get beer spilled on her this time at the baseball game. That was in Denver when we went to see Aunt Holly right? I remember a lot actually about that time with Aunt holly. I remember watching Gumby on her tv and falling asleep on the yellow bean bag or the futon. I look forward to reading your dear elders about your week and your thoughts about conference. Did I tell you that two big impressions I got from conference are teaching and raising children and being a stronger family. I don't know if someone is trying to tell me something for after my mission, family and children. But I still have lots of time to focus in the mission and learn the things that will help me have a strong family and bless my children both physically and spiritually. Crazy how quickly the time is going by. I love you Mom. I love that we are family. The family is sacred and I know how important it is to spend time with them. I'm very blessed. There are things I knew before, but the mission is really helping me understand some of these things even more. Hope you have a wonderful week. I pray that you are protected and happy. Thank you for being the best and being my loving mother. Give yourself a big hug for me. Love you Mom!
Love your son, Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment