Monday, April 2, 2012

Conference Begins! - March 31, 2012

Buenos días mi Madre,
Mi semana fue rapido. Tuvimos cambios miercoles y esta vez era preparado. The changes were crazy. Even though I had planned a lot better and it went much smoother then last time I still had a bunch of people come to me with last minute problems so I still got a little stressed. We got a new assistant because Elder Dennis was leaving for his house. The new AP is Elder Evans and I know him pretty well. I think he was the perfect choice and will do very well. Plus we really get along so I'm excited to have him with us. Those that were leaving got to go to the temple Wednesday. I was pretty jealous. I still have not gone yet and I'm so anxious to go. President said we will be going at the end of the next month. I'm with you, this week I have been very tired. Last night we went to President's house because we talked Hermana Maravilla into making us her special chicken that only she can make. It is a sweet chicken and boy was it good. I ate another plate. That is cool Scott is the guest speaker at the conference. You two are going to have so much fun there. That is awesome that Nana and Grandpa are going too. I would like a week of reading, shopping , and pooling. I can't wait to do that when I get home. That is way cool about David Archuleta putting aside his large career to serve the Lord. I wonder if he will have problems with people in Chile, if some people that recognize him will only meet with him because he is famous. That would add a very difficult aspect to a mission that can already be difficult at times. However, how cool would it be to be comps with him. You would make friendships that would last forever. Crazy! I feel bad that he gets swarmed everywhere. He is a very good person to not let people distracting him from his food and date bother him or get frustrated. I did not know Gladys Knight was LDS. Dancing with the Stars gets some very entertaining people. No way! Another Anchorman movie. I had no idea. And how lucky that it is in 2013 when I can watch it. There are so many good movies that came out and are coming out before I'm home and it is very hard for me. I love movies, they are one of my biggest passions. That will be fun. I remember the Anchorman in our house. I don't know how you let me keep it up for so long. It made me laugh. It was huge. That is cool that there is a Facebook page to share pics with one another. I believe I know Elder Jacobson and Elder Bassett. That is one nice thing about the office is I get to meet and know a lot more missionaries. President has a Facebook page for the mission but exclusively for the return elders and specially invited people. That is awesome. I'm about to watch conference in the office. We have the projector set up and it should be very fun. I am way excited. So I got your letter speaking about my baptism. Thank you so much. There was lots I did not remember. You mentioned that you wish we got where the elders are from. Well I did some searching and came across a webpage of Alumni of the Ogden UT mission. Someone had posted a lot of newsletters that they could get a copy of. I searched through several months looking at the elders names that entered and left the mission and I came across Elder Bryce Roberts from Amily,OR and Elder Shane Fitzgerald from Colton, CA. Now I want to search for them on Facebook when I get home or do more searching to find them. I think it would be very cool to write them and tell them what things their baptism has done in this life. So I'm excited about that. You mentioned about our family becoming inactive. As much as I regret it and think a lot about how my life would have been different had I always been active and where would I be now, I have learned some valuable things from those experiences of my life. I have learned the difference in my life between having the Gospel and not having the Gospel. I saw a glimpse of my life without it and there was no real happiness, no lasting joy, no true hope for the future. It was a life that I did not like. Now that I have the Gospel in my life I'm eternally grateful for the blessings and hope I have. For the future I have been given and the love that I receive and am developing. Sure my life would have been different if I had always been active, but my life is different now. I gladly look forward to what is ahead and increasing my knowledge of the Gospel. I anxiously await the not to distant day of starting my family in the temple. Thank you Mom for always believing in me and supporting me in my times of trial and wondering to my better life of living the Gospel and serving my Lord and Redeemer. I feel so happy to know you are in my life and will be my Mom for all eternity. I am going to write you about conference. It was an incredible session and went by too quickly. Love you Mom and pray you are well and happy.
Love Son

No comments:

Post a Comment