Saturday, March 3, 2012

I love Wendy's! - March 3, 2012

I can't believe it's March already either. The time keeps going by very quickly. What an ugly spring you're having. Utah is acting crazy. No snow during winter and now almost spring and you get a furious blizzard. Don't want to make you jealous but I'm still enjoying no snow and warm weather sometimes too warm. That would be really hard if the crazy snow comes late and destroys the fruit and flowers. The ladder sounds way cool. Do you both love it and use it all the time? That is even better that by selling the old ladders and things that you paid for 1/2 the cost. I love hearing about your Spanish class and that you love it and are learning a lot. Way to go for translating. I have thought about what the Spanish game will be like for me when I return home. How were the Spanish cartoons? haha. But it is really true. Many shows talk really really fast I still have trouble when I hear some of the shows here. Before the mission sometimes in the morning I would find a kids show called Lazytown, it is crazy. You could also watch some Disney movies we have but in Spanish. Some songs are hard to translate when you hear them cause singing is different sometimes but that is cool you are understanding Il Divo. I was thinking about some music and I have a song on my Ipod back home that is Que será será. It just hit me this week when I started thinking of this song, wait a minute, that is in Spanish, what will be will be. How did I not think of that before. I like trying to translate talks in church or other videos I see into English or translate things from English to Spanish that I read or hear. I think it is a little easier to translate from Spanish to English. Wow they are not playing around with the house of our new neighbors. I did not think about it until you said it, but I'm going to miss doing dishes and staring out the window at the mountains or getting a drink of water, from the TAP how nice is that, and taking a few minutes to admire the mountains. Now there is a big house. I still am impressed at the deal you and Scott got on our house, it is a very nice house. Speaking of Wells Fargo. I tried to buy my new suitcase Friday for Q772.22 or about $99 and it said it was declined. I then tried Q400 or $51 and it still said I was declined. I don't know what happened with that. I used my mission card. So I did try to use my card but I was denied. The suitcase is just a little bit bigger then the red one I bought from Kohls. It is so nice to not have a suitcase with a big hole in it with part held together by stitching. I put my stuff in it and changed some things from my other bag and now I have so much room. I think the both bags will be much lighter now and weight distributed evenly. I love it and am pleased with the purchase. So I have some other purchases to talk about but I will in just a moment. This week President did interviews and before the interviews he gave a little fireside. I was not super busy one of the days and was able to be a part of it. He talked about agency. It was so amazing. We talked about the great gift of agency we have and how much of it was possible through Jesucristo y su Expiación. The blessings and scriptures that talk about agency. Why Lucifer wants to take away our agency and keep us from using it. He wants to have many of us in his control at the last day and say that the atonement did not work. We lose our agency because we have used our agency to do that which is against the commandments of God. Such a good lesson. A mom had sent two big boxes of shoes to do a project with the people here. The shoes came to Xela. I had the money to pick them up so I got to go to Xela yesterday. Xela is so awesome. We got there and it was nice and cool weather. We dropped two missionaries that will be leaving off at the temple because one does not have a temple in his country. I got to see the temple and take a picture. I truly love that place so much, I feel so much better and that is just from being outside of it. I can't imagine when I get to go inside this next month or two. We met some Elderly missionaries that were serving a mission in the temple. They are lucky. They live in the casa de hospedajes next to the temple which is like a 5 star hotel and they have a Walmart and Wendys and many amazing stores right there. What a great mission that would be, your spouse, the temple, Walmart, Wendys. They were nice and bought us some bread. That's right I went to Walmart. I spent about a third of my food budget for the month in one shopping trip and mostly on snack foods. But they have so many things there I can't get. I got Cheezits, almonds, jalapeno Cheetos, caffeine free Dr Pepper, and a Mt Dew, some other stuff too. It was amazing. My desk drawer is now packed with food from Walmart and Nana's package. After the amazing finds of Walmart we ate lunch at Wendys. That was my first time at Wendys in so so long and it was by far the best burger here. So delicious. So I got kinda spoiled yesterday. I got some great letters this week too. Lots of people I need to write so I will try to do my best. I got a great letter from Jefferey Davis. He is so nice to keep up with me and write me a few times. Sounds like JJ is experiencing some of the same struggles I had but is doing very well. I got a letter from my scuba buddy friend Brent Beus. He truly is a great friend and I'm glad I got to know him so much better before I left. I will not forget our scuba trip right before I left. We should plan a scuba trip with his family, our family, and Jessica's family. I got a letter from all the people at the Hospital. They all signed a card and said how much they miss me and are proud of me, that they can't wait for me to come visit them. What wonderful people I have had in my life. I got another letter that was unexpected. Dad wrote me. He said he really needs his son in his life. He wants to communicate with me. He said that he hopes God has not forsaken him. I'm not sure what to think. Oh, I got a really great letter too that made me jump for joy. It was a caring wonderful letter from Jessica Stevens. I have really made an impression on her and her family. Her mom loves me and misses me around the family. I'm glad the family is doing well and I really love them. I keep thinking lately how incredibly blessed I am. I have so many people in my life writing me, asking about me, praying for me. There are lots of work friends, friends, family all missing me and loving me. And YOU are my biggest supporter. Your love and letters are blessings in my life. Thank you Mom. I'm grateful for everyone that is in my life and sending their love. You are the greatest Mom and I pray for you and thank my Father for you. Last big thing that is happening is tomorrow we have a stake conference and Elder Falabella is going to be there. He is the area president of Central America. It will be very amazing and I will write you to let you know the amazing things I learned and felt. Can't explain how much I love you and am thankful for you. Continúe aprender Español. Tenga salud y gozo. ¿Cómo estas su estudio del Libro de Mormón? Te amo mucho Mamacita!
Elder Son

No comments:

Post a Comment