Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hermana Conference - March 24. 2012

Mi amorosa Madre, te amo mucho. Mi semana estaba muy ocupada. Pero el tiempo paso rapido y me divertía. It was interesting helping with the conference of the hermanas. First I went shopping Monday with two sister missionaries and Hermana Maravilla. We bought 120 hot dogs and buns, a lot of fruit and water and cereal. It was funny. I felt like I was shopping with my mom. Hermana Maravilla kept telling me to get things or do things and I thought it was pretty funny. This was a conference of only hermanas and we got to be a part of a lot of it. I thought about when I went with you to help at girls camp. Haha. I have now been to two things that are only for girls. Monday night for the conference President gave a talk about the temple and celestial marriage. It was very good and made me think a lot about getting married in the temple. I really want to do that after I get home from my mission. He talked about how when we teach people we are not just focusing on baptism and preparing them for that but we are preparing them for salvation. We point them towards the temple. We had a great dinner that night too. Tuesday morning we got up really early at 4:30 to bring some hermanas to the church where we were meeting to go to Champerico, the beach here. We loaded up on the bus and drove to the beach. I got to talk with a lot of missionaries I did not know very well and the hermanas are very funny and talented. We got to the beach and it was raining, no sun. :( We still got out and a lot of us huddled under some leaf canopy tent things on the beach. It was now raining even harder. However, many hermanas were out playing and getting drenched but they had fun. I got completely soaked. It was surprising that all the hermanas wanted to play out in the rain and we stayed for a couple hours. We went to the church there in Champerico and cooked over 100 hot dogs. I ate 4 hahaha. After we came back and everyone cleaned up and dried off the hermanas watched a movie and had a talent night with Hermana Maravilla. I was so tired this week from lots of late nights and early mornings and I only went to the gym once. That was not so good. Sounds like you had a very long week too. Two 3 hour meetings sound exhausting. Poor Scott must be pretty tired too. Spring is finally there. That is great news. I bet Grandpa loves that so he can work in the yard and garden. The color and blooming would be beautiful. Are you going to do a lot of flowers again in the front yard? Michael wants to go to a lot of the same places I wanted to. I remember Scott teasing me about Idaho and someone else telling me I would go to Russia or somewhere else really cold. That would not be fun. I really like the warmth and especially the no snow. That would be so cool if you and Elder Card´s mom got together. She wrote me a letter this week. She said thank you for the bday card. That she and Elder Card are so glad we are friends. She hopes I do come to Washington to visit. I really do want to and will plan a trip after I'm home. She reads my letters all the time. One funny thing she said is that she is counting down the the days when Elder Card returns but does not want him to know cause she does not want him getting any baggier. Haha. She also said she knows that you love me very much and my love for you shines in my letters I write. She is such a sweet lady and I look forward to meeting her some day. I hope you get to meet her this next week. If you do tell her thank you. I talked with Elder Card the other day and he said that his mom sent some things for me including a few bags of gummy bears. So if you see her make sure you give her a big thank you from me. I love hearing about your Spanish class and how much you love it. You will be speaking amazing Spanish by the time I get home. Thursday we went to Mazate to help the missionaries with their possibilities. I went on divisions with an elder in Samayac, my first area in the mission. So much has changed there. It was very strange to be back. Walk the familiar streets but see lots of new stores and buildings. The craziest part was seeing some members and converts. I saw a woman and her boys that I found and that were baptized after I left. They are not going to church as much as they should. They were excited to see me. We had a spiritual lesson and the mom said they do need to go to church and pray and read more because when they do she sells more with her job and her boys do better in school. They want to continue with those blessings. So Sunday I am going to call and see if they went to church. Some others were excited to see me and asked how I was doing. One girl said that I looked different, like I have grown or have a change that she could not explain. It is probably true, I have changed a lot since my first area. The best was seeing the last family I baptized there. As we walked to the door one of the kids saw me and started jumping saying he is here. I walked in and the mom was sleeping a little but was very glad to see me. All the kids kept showing me things and telling me about what is new. They showed me the baptism photos on their wall and pointed me out and pointed each of them out. The dad finally came home and as he walked to the door and saw me he got a huge smile on his face. He was very happy. They said how much better their life has been and how happy they are. That I really made a difference in their lives. That was such an amazing experience. That is what this is all about. Seeing the change in people and helping families be more happy and receive all the blessings of our Father. The family also talked about Elder Card because we were the first to teach them together. It was cool to hear that they remember Elder Card and asked about him. I was so happy to see this family well and happy. I really want to go to the temple when this family goes. That would be incredible. I have a question. Can you tell me more things about my baptism or right before it? I know you have told me some already but if you remember I want you to tell me more. That feels like so long ago and I remember parts. I have a request also. The next time you send something could you send some habenero almonds from Costco that are so tasty and a large gallon size ziplock bag for my ties when I pack them? That is amazing and exciting that you are in Mosiah already. I love the book of Mosiah, it is one of my favorites. I really love the end of Mosiah with Abinadi and Alma. I was reading some talks about the Book of Mormon. I really liked that each of the major writers of the Book of Mormon were writing specifically for our time. It was not for them or their children but the generations of their children for us and our day. The Book of Mormon preceded the Restoration of the priesthood, the organization of the church, and many revelations of the doctrine. The only thing that preceded the coming forth of the Book of Mormon was the vision of the Father and Jesus to Joseph Smith. So we can see the importance of the Book of Mormon. A better study of the Book of Mormon is not just something that will bless us but is showing our love and devotion to Heavenly Father. I do love this book and will make a better effort to make the study of it one of my top priorities every day. I also read some interesting things about the temples and the angel Moroni. 5 temples have Moroni with gold plates in his hands. I thought about what you said about the Book of Mormon and Moroni. Mormon compiled all the books so it was called after him. But Moroni was spiritually taught all his life. He was the last to have the plates and I imagine he had a large position in Heaven. He was the messenger to reveal where the plates were. I guess his father could have visited Joseph Smith but I don´t know exactly why it was Moroni. Once again I think it was because he saw the last of his people and he was important in the heavens like Michael in a way. When I went to the temple open house they said the statue Moroni can be referenced in Revelations 14:6. I'm restudying the Book of Mormon and looking more at why they wrote that for me. I love the book and learn so much from it. I'm very happy you are reading it and love it too. I love you Mom and I´m so happy to talk with you about the Book of Mormon and my experiences. I can't wait to talk to you about conference. You are going to watch all sessions right? I will let you know all about changes. I got to go to a change meeting with the assistants and President and it was interesting to see the process. So there will be a lot happening this next week. I can't wait to hear from you and hear how much you love me. I love you so much and am blessed to be your son.
Love Baby Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment