Monday, September 19, 2011

What Our Meals Are Like - September 19, 2011

Thank you for the baptism info. I thought Grandpa baptized me. So I was 11 when I was baptised? I was considered a convert baptism then I think because it was past the age of 8. I do not remember that. Interesting the people that were there. Yeah the inside of the Rockport shoes completely came out and is destroyed. I'm going to try to look for another pair of shoes here. The Eccos are wonderful but the design I picked is not waterproof so if I get another pair I want it to be waterproof. I think I would like another pair of Eccos, cause you're right I have 18 months still. My shoes are a size 44 Europe, I don't think the Eccos are in US sizes, but it's about a 10 1/2. I will let you know what I find here. Thank you for dating the dearelders. I agree with you I think it will be interesting to see when I get them. I love that you write me every Sunday don't stop. No baptisms this week. The little kid is impossible to find so he is a no right now and we have three families but they have problems waiting for papers that say they are divorced or one family the papers say she is still married so she has to get that worked out first. It is sad cause they are so ready to be members but it is just the time and waiting for paper stuff. We have another woman that will not accept a baptism date so we keep trying. We did have a really good first lesson with another woman and she accepted our invitation to be baptised. I chose the date but did not think, the date I chose is the same day as conference. We thought we could change it to this coming Saturday but she didn't come to church. So if she comes to conference she can be baptised the following weekend. My talk went well. It was on reverence and it was a little hard finding resources to use. But I did ok other then the fact that even though I practised my talk a few times and it was fine, Sunday I was under 5 minutes. Whoops. But not too bad, the next talk will be better. I'm loving my companion. I really feel like myself around him. We love the same music and movies and we joke around a lot and have fun, he is way relaxed. I'm grateful for my companion. I think he might be someone I could visit here in Guatemala after my mission. The hot showers are nice but sometimes the cold shower is nice and I just think it is like when I jump in some lakes, it's not too bad. My clothes are doing really well other then a couple pairs of socks and my Rockports. It's always hot here and I sweat all the time, I have never been this sweaty before. The other day after church we were at our cook's house and we had to stay there for a couple hours cause it rained so hard, the streets were really flooding. All of our cook's windows are uncovered except for a couple blankets. There was a big pool of water on their floor in the living room so we helped them clean it up. We usually eat beans and eggs with bananas for dinner. Lunch is meat usually, it is soup with a chicken leg in it sometimes too. Yesterday it was meat with tomato sauce stuff and tortillas. I like it but I think sometimes the food has a lot of fat or grease. Oh I had some cooked bananas that were cooked with sugar and cinnamon. They were so good. I thought of a couple things for the next package. I will think of what else I like. 6 dice for playing games and a big jar of creamy peanut butter, the peanut butter here is small and about 42 quets. I love your letters and I love writing to you. It really helps me when I get a little discouraged, the letters give me the biggest happiness and the boost I need to work hard. I am sending a letter to Jentry. Let me know if you hear anything about people getting my letters. I'm so excited for general conference in a week. I can't believe it is time again, I love it. The mission and the weeks are going by so fast. I love you so much Mom and love talking about you and talking to you. Before you know it we will be talking on the phone for Christmas. Excited for that very much, I am. That sounded like the way Yoda talks, haha. Well I love you Mom and will anxiously await your next letters of love. You're the best mom ever! Love Elder Son

No comments:

Post a Comment